The Amazon Clipper is a regional river boat that can carry up to 16 passengers. The boat features comfortable air conditioned cabins each with private facilities. This tour includes all meals aboard the boat as you cruise down Amazon river learning about and gazing at the magnificent wildlife that can be found no where else on earth!
|Accommodation||Cabin on boat.|
Accommodation in double cabins
Excursions as described in the itinerary
Alcoholic beverages or soft drinks
|Difficulty Rating||2 (light adventure)|
Additional of 50%
Does not include internal flights to and from Manaus.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in: