The diversity of Colombia is astounding. Gorgeous beaches, beautiful coffee plantations and colonial cities will have you never wanting to leave this country.
Start your 9 day journey in the thrilling capital of Bogota, before exploring the coffee region and natural surroundings.
|Friday or Saturday|
Accommodation as per the program,
Daily breakfast and meals as per the itinerary,
Domestic air tickets.
Extra expenses not indicated in description.
|Difficulty Rating||1 - Easy|
FROM US$820 - Subject to season and availability, contact us for more details.
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and Availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Hotel Ananda - Cartagena
Superior RoomLocated in the centre of Cartagena de Indias, and historical sites such as the Cathedral, Santo Domingo's Square, and the Inquisition Palace are very close from here. Guests can have an easy access from / to the airport by using picking-up service provided by the hotel. The equipment of this hotel is convention room, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, comfortable terrace and even wedding venue. The hotel has 23 luxury suites with relaxing ambience, and mini bar, safe box, TV and scented candle are available. The on-site restaurant provides exquisite Mediterranean cuisine, and you can have meals outdoors under the shade and the charm of a large almond tree.
Hotel Casa de Huespedes Sazagua - Pereira
Standard RoomSituated just one kilometre outside Pereira in the Coffee Region, this boutique hotel was once an old coffee plantation house. It has nine luxurious rooms, decorated with period pieces and furnishings such as Spanish tiles and colonial floors. There is an outdoor swimming pool in the lush gardens, adorned with a beautiful collection of palms and tropical plants that attract a wide variety of local birds. The restaurant serves local and international cuisine and there is a secluded spa built from large river rocks.
Hotel Sofitel Victoria Regia - Bogota
Superior RoomTrue to its architectural concept of elegant lines and rich materials, this five-star hotel is the ideal combination of the classic and contemporary.Renowned architect Miguel Soto has achieved a fine blend of elegant and modern French style, with characteristic local features, creating a welcoming and distinctive design. The French art de vivre is seen in every detail.Our hotel's 102 rooms, including five private suites, offer a luxurious stay. Our gourmet restaurant awakens the culinary senses and our three French-style meeting rooms are perfect for any event.