Known as the world’s most beautiful river, Cano Cristales is born in the mountain La Serrania de la Macarena, deep in the Colombian Llanos. The underwater plants that grow in the river produce a spectacular kaleidoscope of pink, green, red and orange that with the deep blue of the river water, creates a unique landscape.
|Monday Thursday Saturdays|
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
FROM US$225 - Subject to season and availability, contact us for more details.
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Hotel Casa Deco - Bogota
Standard RoomLocated near the centre of Bogota, Hotel Casa Deco has a cosy and relaxing atmosphere with selected Italian furniture and sophisticated interior. This hotel has a roof terrace, where guests can enjoy drinking, and it also has a tearoom and offers a discount of gym which is neighbourhood. Guests can have an easy access to the gold and the Botero museums vanguards theatres and the cathedral situated in front of the plaza de Bolivar. In each room, private bathroom, cable TV, telephone, safety box, wi-fi and mini bar are available.