This eleven day adventure takes you on a whirlwind trip through Costa Rica’s scenic wonders, hustle and bustle and the amazing Arenal volcano. You will visit Monteverde cloud forest, home to the endangered Golden Toad before ending on the stunning Manuel Antonio beach for some locally sourced food and relaxation. This unforgettable trip has something for everyone; spotting exotic animals, marveling at the beautiful scenery and soaking up the diverse and fascinating culture of one of the most beautiful places in the world.
- Our representative will meet you at the airport
|Difficulty Rating||2 (High altitude)|
Available upon request
Not included: meals not specified, Costa Rica departure tax (US$29 per person), tips for guides, optional tours, other expenses.
|Price Dependent upon||
Hotel availability and flight schedule.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Playa Espadilla Hotel - Manuel Antonio
Standard RoomHotel Espadilla is located within a 3 minutes walk from the National Park of Manuel Antonio and a 2 minute walk from the beach front. It is a nice two story building with rooms over looking a private biological reserve which belongs to the hotel. All its guests also will be able to enjoy the exquisite food at the hotelâs Pueto Escondido Restaurant, as well as its swimming pool area with a jets and wet bar, for an exotic cocktail.
Cloud Forest Lodge - Monteverde
Standard RoomMonteverde Cloud Forest Lodge offers 72 acres of primary and secondary forest, canopy tour, over 3 miles of private trails and more than 180 species of birds in a quiet and wonderful place. Our beautiful gardens and bungalow-style bedrooms make a great place to relax, rest and enjoy nature.
Volcano Lodge - Arenal
Superior RoomThe Volcano Lodge is set within the northern lowlands of Costa Rica at the base of the Arenal Volcano. This area has much to offer visitors, including trips to hot springs and waterfalls, horseback riding, canopy tours, and of course, the ever-famous Arenal Volcano. Facilities include swimming pools, jacuzzis, kids pool, gardens, gift shop, restaurant, internet, playground, trails, laundry service, currency exchange, coffee service, wet bar, free breakfast, beauty treatments, room service, internet access and bar.
Evergreen Adventure Lodge - Tortuguero
Standard FB RoomThe hotel is located in the exuberant tropical forest of Tortuguero, only 5 minutes away from the main entrance of the national park. The hotel has 36 separate rustic bungalows built in perfect Caribbean style and respecting the nature that surround it so that it doesn't disturb the wild life. The spacious rooms have comfortable beds, ventilator and wooden and bamboo furniture. Guests can also enjoy a pool, a restaurant and a bar. Also, the hotel offers a variety of tours to enjoy during the vacations at the lodge.
Hotel Don Carlos - San Jose
Standard RoomIf you're looking for a small downtown hotel that is unmistakably Costa Ricaâs and hints at the days of the planters and coffee barons, this is the place for you. Located in an old residential neighbourhood, only blocks from the business district, you will find inside Don Carlos a slew of arts-and-crafts works and archaeological reproductions, as well as orchids, ferns, palms, and parrots. The rooms are all distinct and vary greatly in size, so be specific when you reserve, or ask if it's possible to see a few when you check in. Breakfast is served in an outdoor orchid garden and atrium.