As the name suggests, a classic adventure in the Inca heartland: you have time to enjoy the beauty and vibrancy of Cusco, as well as visit the surrounding ruins, Sacred Valley towns and countryside; next you are hiking over Andean passes and through a variety of microclimates, on one of the world’s classic treks, the Inca Trail which culminates at one of the Seven New Wonders of the World, Machu Picchu.
To get more of a taste of our tours around the Cusco and Machu Picchu area, check out our latest streaming video HERE.
|Accommodation||Hotel in Cusco and camping while on the Inca Trail.|
Transfers: Airport, bus & train
Breakfast in hotel; all meals on trek (except lunch on last day)
Entrances & permits
Trek: Camping equipment (excluding sleeping bags), tour guide, cook, communal porters (for tents, food, cooking equipment and limited amounts of personal items)
|Difficulty Rating||4 (average fitness required).|
FROM US$270 - Subject to season and availability, contact us for more details.
A night at Machu Pichu can be arranged.
Extra porters can be hired to carry personal items at an extra charge.
Sleeping bags can be hired in Cusco.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
El Mercado Tunqui - Cusco
Superior RoomEl Mercado Tunqui is a brand new chic hotel located in the heart of Cusco. Celebrated for its customer service, El Mercado Tunqui brings the magic of the mountains to the city. It is built on the site of a former market and is located just a couple of blocks from the main Plaza de Armas where you can purchase the countries most loved Peruvian products. The rooms (26 superior, 3 junior suites and 2 suites) are charming and well equipped, boasting original decor and homely comforts. Junior suites have fireplaces and stand-alone bathtubs. Main suites are ideal for small families or for those seeking extra space and feature a terrace or a private dining/living room. If you don't want to escape the warm Peruvian atmosphere you can relax in the courtyard beside the fire pit. The restaurant, La Taberna is open for lunch, dinner and drinks. You can sample fresh, locally sourced market food and it is the perfect place to try exotic foods and delicious wines. The separate breakfast room has a stand preparing fresh juices and smoothies made to order with a vast menu of breakfast foods.
Wakapunku Boutique - Cusco
Standard RoomWakapunku, meaning 'Door to the Sanctuary' in Quechua, is a small 8 room boutique hotel located just two blocks from Cusco's main plaza and only a very short stroll from some of Cusco's top bars and restaurants. This colonial style hotel is a comfortable, tranquil and calm oasis in Cusco providing exceptional service. All rooms have showers and bathrooms with abundant hot water 24 hours a day. They feature comfortable beds and are also equipped with an LED TV, telephone and safety deposit box as well as an iPhone dock. Suite and Balcony Rooms are also available at an additional cost.
Inkarri Hostal - Cusco
Standard RoomLocated in San Blas, 4 blocks from the Plaza de Armas, Inkarri is a renovated 18th century colonial house. There is an outdoor patio where Wi-Fi is free. Bright and spacious, rooms at Inkarri Hostal are decorated with wooden furnishings and open out onto balconies. They all come equipped with cable TV and private bathrooms with either bath or shower. Guests can enjoy a selection of neo-Andean dishes, with ingredients known from the Inca times combined with modern cooking techniques. A hot breakfast buffet is served daily at the in-house cafe overlooking the courtyard.
Libertador Palacio del Inka Cusco - Cusco
Superior RoomPalacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel is located in front of the Koricancha, in central Cusco. The central train station is within walking distance. Free Wi-Fi is provided. The stylish and modern rooms provide heating and cable TV. There is a choice of twin, or double, beds. All feature quality linen and spacious bathrooms. Oxygen can be provided in the suites upon request to help with the effects of Cusco's high altitude. The restaurant serves both local and international cuisine. There is also a bar, where you can relax with a drink and superb view. Palacio del Inka, A Luxury Collection Hotel features an on-site gym.