A fantastic taster of Colombia's colonial and historic city of Cartagena de Indias. Just walking through the city's narrow yet remarkable streets, there is enough evidence to understand why Cartagena is included in UNESCO's World Heritage Sites.
Accommodation with breakfast everyday,
Private transfers & excursions with bilingual speaking guide,
Entrances to museums detailed on the quotation.
Extra expenses not indicated in description,
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
FROM US$235 - Subject to season and availability, contact us for more details.
Contact us for more details.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and Availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Hotel Monterrey 4* - Cartagena
Standard RoomLocated near the Caribbean beaches and just a short stroll from the bustling downtown of Cartagena, the Monterrey Hotel offers guests the perfect location for those wanting to explore the city or simply laze on the beach. Each of the hotel's comfortable en-suite rooms is equipped with WIFI, air-conditioning, refrigerator and satellite TV. After a day exploring the city, guests can relax in the indoor or outdoor pool or on the roof top terrace before enjoying a tasty meal in the on-site brassiere and a drink in the bar.
Hotel Don Pedro de Heredia - Cartagena
Set in the historic heart of El Centro, Hotel Don Pedro Heredia is the perfect base from which to explore the fascinating colonial city of Cartagena. Each of the elegant and comfortable rooms is equipped with air-conditioning, in-room safe, cable TV and a mini-bar. Hotel facilities include an inviting swimming pool, spa and solarium.