Join us on this comprehensive small group tour to Peru. Encompassing the very best of Lima, The Andes as well as the Amazon jungle. This popular 14 day highlights tour will explore the wonders of Peru like no other. Sample spectacular local cuisine, Incredible historical sites, and be wowed by Peru’s incredible natural environment. Due to our unique operations in Peru, our staff are always on hand to make this journey extra special. All accommodation is in tourist category hotels which are clean, comfortable, safe and well located. Fully escorted tour with English speaking tour leader, and local guides at points of interest. Book early to avoid missing out on this fantastic departure!
|10-Sep-2017 , 19-Nov-2017 , 07-Feb-2018 , 25-Apr-2018|
|Peru: Lima, Lake Titicaca, Cusco, Machu Picchu and the Amazon.|
• Internal flights within South America as per itinerary
|Difficulty Rating||2 (High altitude in some areas)|
35% surcharge for single room.
Single surcharges can be avoided provided you are willing to share a room with another passenger of the same sex and provided that we can find another single passenger to pair you with.
25% deposit required. Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Hotel Casa Republica - Lima
Republica Standard RoomCasa Republica is a brand new boutique hotel in the bohemian district of Barranco, Lima. A 100 year old Republican era mansion has been turned into a 22 room boutique hotel which oozes the character and charm of the era. It is located a stone's throw from many of Lima's best bars and restaurants, boasts a fantastic rooftop bar with ocean views and superb rooms with period features.
Refugio Amazonas - Standard 3 Nights - Puerto Maldonado
Full Board RoomRefugio Amazonas is a charming 32 bedroom lodge, well located immediately adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. It is located 4 hours upriver from Puerto Maldonado in the buffer zone of the Tambopata National Reserve. Refugio Amazonas is ideal for those looking for a three night stay to experience culture and nature in the Amazon. All rooms in Refugio Amazonas have an exposed wall facing the jungle, for that true jungle experience. The rooms are built using local materials such as wood, bamboo, adobe mud and palm trees. Each bed is equipped with its own mosquito net and each room has a spacious private bathroom with hot water. Numerous kerosene lamps and candles provide the lighting. Electricity and internet access are available in the common areas of the lodge.
La Hacienda Sacred Valley - Cusco
Standard RoomLocated at the Yanahuara stop, the hotel is the perfect mix of elegant atmosphere with the magic and relaxation that is sought after in the Sacred Valley. The services and facilities at the hotel include: in-room heating with personal controls, Internet Wi Fi, Satellite TV, telephone (local, national and international calls), digital safety box, large bathrooms and hair dryers.
Casa Andina Cusco Catedral - Cusco
Standard RoomThe hotel is located about as close as you can get to Cusco's Cathedral and beautiful Plaza de Armas without actually being on the busy square. Intimately identified with the Cusco's illustrious history, the hotel occupies a colonial building with iconic green balconies and red tiles, and features an exposed Inca stone wall in the hotel lobby. Several rooms have coveted views of the Plaza de Armas and Compania de Jesus church.
Casa Andina Classic Puno Tikarani - Puno
Standard RoomCasa Andina Standard Puno Tikarani is a medium-sized, quiet hotel with several spacious common areas, including a living room with fireplace and a patio. The hotel is in an excellent location close to Puno's restaurant and bar scene. The rooms are spacious and feature private shower, TV and safety deposit box. The hotel also offers Wi-Fi, internet service and laundry service.
Casa Andina Classic Miraflores Centro - Lima
Standard RoomCasa Andina Standard Miraflores Centro's rooms spacious and tastefully decorated with pine furnishings and a work desk. They also have air conditioning Wi-Fi and cable TV. This contemporary hotel is located in the heart of Miraflores. The front desk at Standard Miraflores Centro is open 24 hours a day. Guests can also make use of the hotel's laundry services. Limaâs famous handicrafts markets and many nice restaurants are just steps from the hotel. It is a short taxi ride to Lima's major museums, shopping mall and Lima International Airport.