Culturally rich, evocative and historically complex - Cuba is a place like no other. Add to this its vast stretches of white Caribbean beaches and clear, warm waters and Cuba makes for an intriguing honeymoon destination. Discover the delights of this fascinating country as you soak up the old-world charm and the atmosphere of vibrant Havana, stroll along the cobbled streets of Trinidad and then relax at Cuba’s iconic beach resort town of Varadero on the Hicacos Peninsula. With beautiful hotels to welcome you each evening - Cuba will surprise and delight.
Accommodation with breakfast everyday
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
Available upon request
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Meliá Las Antillas - Varadero
Superior RoomSet within six hectares of exotic Caribbean gardens, the Melia Las Antillas All Inclusive Resort offers guests the perfect place to sit back and relax. All of the en-suite rooms have a balcony with a view and are equipped with air-conditioning, in-room safe and satellite TV. The resort has a number of activities on offer from aerobics to snorkelling, as well as daily and nightly entertainment programmes. After a day of water activities, a swim in one of the two swimming pools, or simply relaxing on the beach, guests can enjoy a sumptuous meal in one of the four on-site restaurants and a drink in one of the many bars.
Iberostar Grand Trinidad Hotel - Trinidad
Standard RoomThe Grand Hotel Trinidad de Cuba is a 5-star hotel in the heart of Trinidad, a gorgeous town characterised by its elegant colonial architecture. The town was founded in the 16th Century and was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1988. The Iberostar Grand Hotel is perfect for couples and adults. A lower age limit of 15 has been set to ensure total rest and relaxation for our guests. The Grand Hotel guarantees visitors a truly extraordinary holiday, at any time of the year, getting to know the culture, the cuisine and the people.
Melia Cohiba - Havana
Standard RoomThe 5-star Melia Cohiba has a privileged location in the modern district of Vedado, facing the sea and only a short distance from the Malecon, a broad esplanade that stretches for 8 km along the coast from Vedado to the mouth of Havana Harbour in Old Havana. This comfortable and elegant hotel is fully air-conditioned with spectacular views of the sea, the city and the Malecon. The 462 rooms are modern and luxurious and hotel facilities include 7 specialist restaurants and 4 bars including one with a humidifier and cigar room. There is a business centre, fitness centre, beauty salon, sauna and massage room.