We have taken the highlights of Cusco and squeezed them into a five-day trip: the historic city of Cusco, the historic towns and landscapes of the Sacred Valley and, of course, the unsurpassed wonders of Machu Picchu....
|Cusco and Machu Pichu|
Accommodation with breakfast everyday.
Other meals where stated
Vistadome Train and Expedition to/from Machu Picchu
|Difficulty Rating||2 (high altitude)|
FROM US$460 - Subject to season and availability, contact us for more details.
Upgrades to the iconic Hotel Monasterio in Cusco or Sanctuary Lodge Hotel at Machu Picchu are available.
|Price Dependent upon||
Availability and season.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
El Mapi - Machu Picchu
Superior HB RoomThe recently renovated 48 room El Mapi Hotel is a modern, stylish hotel close to Aguas Calientes train station, boasting beautifully landscaped gardens featuring a hot tub where guests can relax with a drink after dinner. The hotel's design creates a smart but casual atmosphere featuring all the essential comforts. Rooms are equipped with blackout curtains, 100% cotton sheets, down duvets, hypoallergenic pillows, cotton bath robes, natural herbal toiletries, 32 inch flat screen TVs and tight-focus reading lights. The hotel also features a restaurant, bar, Wi-Fi, 24-hour room service and laundry service.
El Mercado Tunqui - Cusco
Superior RoomEl Mercado Tunqui is a brand new chic hotel located in the heart of Cusco. Celebrated for its customer service, El Mercado Tunqui brings the magic of the mountains to the city. It is built on the site of a former market and is located just a couple of blocks from the main Plaza de Armas where you can purchase the countries most loved Peruvian products. The rooms (26 superior, 3 junior suites and 2 suites) are charming and well equipped, boasting original decor and homely comforts. Junior suites have fireplaces and stand-alone bathtubs. Main suites are ideal for small families or for those seeking extra space and feature a terrace or a private dining/living room. If you don't want to escape the warm Peruvian atmosphere you can relax in the courtyard beside the fire pit. The restaurant, La Taberna is open for lunch, dinner and drinks. You can sample fresh, locally sourced market food and it is the perfect place to try exotic foods and delicious wines. The separate breakfast room has a stand preparing fresh juices and smoothies made to order with a vast menu of breakfast foods.
Casa Andina Classic Mapi - Machu Picchu
Traditional RoomCasa Andina Standard Machu Picchu is a friendly and cosy hotel in a strategic location in Aguas Calientes, the nearest access point to the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu. This hotel has 54 new and comfortable rooms in a 5-storey building, where you can relax after your visit to Machu Picchu. The traditional rooms have mountain views and the hotel offers Wi-Fi and has a restaurant with a spectacular view of the Vilcanota River.
Wakapunku Boutique - Cusco
Standard RoomWakapunku, meaning 'Door to the Sanctuary' in Quechua, is a small 8 room boutique hotel located just two blocks from Cusco's main plaza and only a very short stroll from some of Cusco's top bars and restaurants. This colonial style hotel is a comfortable, tranquil and calm oasis in Cusco providing exceptional service. All rooms have showers and bathrooms with abundant hot water 24 hours a day. They feature comfortable beds and are also equipped with an LED TV, telephone and safety deposit box as well as an iPhone dock. Suite and Balcony Rooms are also available at an additional cost.