The navigation during the nineteenth century by Captain Robert FitzRoy who commanded the Beagle through channels and fjords of the complex geography of southern Patagonia, gave way to one of the main geographical reconnaissance trips undertaken in these latitudes and they have inspired the programs of the Forrest. Every expedition aboard this ship is an adventure, each disembarkation leads to the discovery of incredible places covered with thick forests, ferns and a variety of fungi and lichens. Another wonder of this adventure is the variety of wildlife that you will encounter such as dolphins, sea lions and other marine mammals and birds such as penguins, albatrosses and petrels.
|Enquire for exact departure dates|
- Land transfer from Punta Arenas to the ship (Roundtrip)
- Excursions according to the itinerary
- Accommodation in selected cabin
- All meals on board (wine included)
- Open Bar until 23:00 hrs
- Assistance of bilingual guide throughout the trip
|Difficulty Rating||2 (light adventure)|
Available upon request
*The landing sites and the different expeditions land may vary over time, as is frequently adding new destinations which usually discovered with our passengers. Also, the itinerary may vary according to weather conditions and daylight hours that vary seasonally.
**Advertised rate is per person based on double cabin with shared bathroom.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in: