Peru is interconnected by thousands of miles of Inca roads; the Inca Trail is the 43km section leading to Machu Picchu (a World Heritage site since 1983) and one of the key routes used by the Incas. It has now become one of the world’s most popular trekking routes thanks to the extraordinary natural beauty of its surroundings. This journey, ideal for adventure and history lovers alike, is a perfectly preserved section that combines a variety of ecological zones from high-altitude deserts to rainforests and takes in several important archeological sites. Your tour ends when you cross the threshold of "Intipunku" (Gate of the Sun) to reach the magnificent citadel of Machu Picchu – the architectural marvel and engineering masterpiece of Incas, and designated one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007.
|Enquire for departure dates|
- Private Transportation Cusco - Inca Trail - Cusco
Entrace fee to Huayna Picchu
|Difficulty Rating||4 (average fitness required).|
Available upon request.
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo - Machu Picchu
Junior Deluxe HB RoomInkaterra is an intimate 85-cottage luxury hotel in an Andean style village that exists in a secluded and exquisite environment, where guests follow stone pathways to their rooms, located in comfortable one- or two-story whitewashed casitas. There's a definite homelike atmosphere about the hotel, with colourful handcrafted furnishings and spacious rooms filled with plenty of natural light. Moreover, the gardens are incredible with over 372 species of flowers and plants. Services and facilities include: high speed internet, spa, Andean cuisine, Nature Centre guided walks and Inkaterra gallery gift shop.
La Casona - Cusco
Suite Patio RoomLa Casona Cusco Hotel is the first luxury boutique hotel in Cusco, reflecting a privileged melange of culture and tradition. The hotel is a colonial manor house - perhaps the first Spanish construction in Cusco - centrally located on an Incan settlement near the present-day main square. Eleven suites surround a sumptuous courtyard, where the patina of time is tastefully preserved. Contemporary amenities create the ambience of comfort and exclusivity enjoyed by residents in centuries past.