Havana is both the capital and largest city of Cuba as well as the cultural centre of the country. Filled with museums, public squares and churches, this stopover embraces the best of Havana to offer you an authentic experience. The tour also includes a day trip to Viñales; a small, picturesque town within low mountain ranges to enhance your Cuban experience.
|Havana, Vinales - Cuba|
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s "Pass it on" programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Conde de Villanueva - Havana
Standard RoomLocated in the centre of Havana's Old Town, on the corner of Mercaderes and Lamparilla Street, the colonial Conde de Villanueva Hotel provides an advantageous location from which to explore Havana's many sites, museums and restaurants. The nine en-suite rooms, which surround a picturesque courtyard, are large and comfortable and come equipped with air-conditioning. The hotel has two restaurants, which serve exquisite Cuban cuisine, and two bars. The hotel is also home to one of the best and most respected cigar shops in town, 'La Casa del Habano'.
Los Frailes Hotel - Havana
Standard RoomThe peaceful and relaxing Los Frailes Hotel stands in the heart of Old Havana, just one block from the San Francisco de Asis Square. The building was once the mansion of the fourth Marquis and Captain of the French Navy, Don Pedro Claudio Duquesne. All of the en-suite rooms are air-conditioned and come equipped with an in-room safe, phone, satellite TV and mini-bar. The hotel itself has a cosy lobby-bar and a quiet courtyard, where guests can relax and reflect on their day. The hotel is also near a number of excellent restaurants and Cuban bars with live music.