Discover the highlights of this fascinating country with its thrilling landscapes and ancient Indian culture in a journey that encompasses rich cultural and scenic attractions. Bolivia is a country of extremes from the snow-capped peaks of the Andes to the vast and dazzling salt flats and the remote Altiplano with its volcanoes and lagoons. Breathtaking vistas and vibrant indigenous cultures are brought together in this seven day adventure.
|Titicaca Lake, La Paz, Uyuni Salt Flats - Bolivia|
|Accommodation||Hotels. Guesthouse in Jirira.|
Tours as stated on the itinerary
International airport taxes: US$ 25.00 - Subject to change.
National airport taxes: US$ 2.50 - Subject to change.
Meals not mentioned in program
|Difficulty Rating||2 (light adventure)|
During the rainy season (nov/mar) the visit to Uyuni salt lake & Isla Pescado will be possible only if weather conditions permit it.
What to take for Uyuni:
Sleeping bag for -20 ºC
Down jacket or extra sweater/ jumper
Swimsuit for hot springs
Hat, sun block
Sunglasses (essential on Salt Lake)
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Palacio de Sal - Other Bolivia
Standard RoomThis comfortable yet amazing 30 room hotel sits on the edge of the majestic Salar de Uyuni, 25 kilometres from the town of Uyuni and built entirely from salt. The walls, floors, ceilings, furniture, beds and sculptures are all made from salt. In balance with nature and the surrounding landscape, this hotel offers a unique experience. Rooms feature private bathrooms, hot water and heating. The elegant restaurant of the hotel serves a variety of dishes based on typical local ingredients.
Tayka de Sal Hotel - Uyuni
Standard RoomTayka de Sal Hotel is situated 117 kilometres from Uyuni at an altitude of 3,700 meters above sea level, built at the foot of the Thunupa volcano on the northern edge of the Salt Flats. The hotel was built using blocks of salt extracted from the Salar de Uyuni. Surrounded by the white landscapes of the Salt Flats, the hotel is close to many attractions including the towns of Tahua and Chiquini, Chantani Museum and the Thunupa Volcano that rises over 5,000 metres above the Bolivian Altiplano.
Hotel Rosario La Paz - La Paz
Standard RoomThe colonial Hotel Rosario is nestled within the heart of La Paz, within easy access of all of the city's main attractions. The hotel's decor has been inspired by the Aymara culture with Andean art and architecture reflected in the design of the rooms, patios and gardens. The rooms are decorated with Andean and local Bolivian handicrafts and feature heating, Wi-Fi and cable TV. The hotel's reasonably priced Terradentro Illampu restaurant serves excellent Bolivian cuisine accompanied by Bolivian wines.
Ecololodge La Estancia - Copacabana
Standard RoomEcolodge La Estancia sits at an amazing spot located on the southern part of the Island of the Sun in Lake Titicaca. It was built to combine typical Andean architecture with modern comforts, always respecting the harmony of the surrounding nature and habitat. The cabins were constructed with adobe brick and thatch roofs, and were set between pre-Inca terraces. Solar energy is used and waste at all levels is recycled.