From cloud forests to Mayan ruins and a beautiful coastal line, Honduras has it all and this active tour gives you the chance to experience it in all its glory. Walk though high cloud forests, explore the ruins and jungle and have the chance to spot wildlife before relaxing in the natural spa of Gracias.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Hotel Marina Copan - Copan
Standard RoomIn a setting of gardens and fountains, the Hotel Marina Copan has 49 charmingly appointed rooms and suites featuring natural wood ceilings, hand-carved furniture and warm hues. Hotel facilities include a spa and fitness centre, swimming pool, restaurant serving international and traditional regional cuisine, a cafe and a bar.
Hotel Don Juan - Celaque/ Gracias
Standard RoomHotel Don Juan colonial style hotel and is perfectly located in the main street of Gracias. The hotel has a swimming pool and restuarant and wifi is available.
Hotel Crowne Plaza - Honduras
Standard RoomCentrally located, the Crowne Plaza offers amenities such as free Wi-Fi, a business and fitness centre, outdoor pool, salon and spa, on-site dining as well as a casino.