Nicaragua is truly the land of lakes and volcanoes! This tour takes you from the capital Managua to a coffee plantation in the highlands, before continuing through the colonial towns of Granada and Leon. Of course along the way you'll visit the largest lake in Latin America and see Nicaragua's spectacular volcanoes. This tour can easily be amended to be combined with Costa Rica so if you're interested in this please just ask one of our consultants.
Private transportation for the entire trip, with the exception of day 7
Accommodation with breakfast everyday
Lunches as specified on the itinerary
01 Night at Los Balcones Hotel, Leon
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
Available upon request
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Hotel Alhambra - Granada/ Lake Nicaragua
Standard RoomHotel Alhambra has 57 completely unique rooms - with 17 of those being luxury suites. Exceptional care has been taken in decorating each of this gorgeous rooms. Every room boasts one or more beautiful wooden bed(s), an armoire, cable plasma TV, air conditioning, telephone, free Wi-Fi, hot water, and a personal safe. Also, depending on the room, you may find a minibar, a balcony overlooking the city, or a sitting room to relax in at the end of the day.
Hotel Los Balcones de Leon - Leon
Standard RoomHotel Los Balcones Leon is located just 3 minutes' walk from Leon main square and its cathedral. It features rustic-style decor and free WiFi throughout the property. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom, a TV with cable channels and wooden finishing. Ruben Dario Museum is 800 m from the Hotel Los Balcones Leon, while the nearest airport is Augusto Cesar Sandino International Airport, 84 km away.
Selva Negra Hotel - Bungalow - Matagalpa
Two Suite RoomSet in the Highlands of Northern Nicaragua, Selva Negra is a self-sufficient Eco-lodge built on an organic farm, and coffee estate. The lodge is surrounded by pristine forests and guests can enjoy more than 16 kilometres of walking trails suitable for all fitness levels. The quaint bungalows are fully furnished with private bathroom, living room and porch. A number of activities are on offer including horse riding, bird watching and nature and coffee tours. The lodge’s restaurant offers an array of dishes all using organic, home grown ingredients.
Los Robles - Managua
Standard RoomThe rooms are set around a tropical garden refreshed by a beautiful fountain. The Hotel is ideally located in the most central and secure residential of Managua. Those are our basic rooms perfect for business travelers or tourist traveling through Nicaragua. They feature a queen bed, ac, private bathroom with hot water, direct phone line, hair dryer, safe-deposit box, radio alarm clock and cable plasma TV.