This short seven day tour sees you travelling to Canaima National Park to see the spectacular Angel Falls and Gran Sabana with a few days relaxing on the beaches of Los Roques.
|Caracas, Canaima, Los Roques|
All accommodation and meals as indicated in the itinerary.
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
Available upon request
All excursions and flights are subject to weather conditions and based on SIB services.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Posada Macondo - Los Roques
Standard RoomThis posada has been entirely refurbished and is managed by its owners, an Italian couple who have decorated it in Caribbean style. An open kitchen, a dining room, an area to relax and a terrace will allow an enjoyable stay. All six rooms are simple and clean looking and have private bathrooms and an overhead fan. Fresh fish is an everyday staple and Italian food is cooked, with picnic ice boxes available for the beach. Location: 5 minutes walking distance from the landing strip.
Parakaupa Lodge - Angel Falls and Canaima NP
Standard RoomIn a splendid location on the pink sand shores of the Laguna de Canaima, the Parakaupa Lodge offers fantastic views of the surrounding waterfalls. The 14 rooms have ceiling fans and private bathrooms
Hotel Costa Real Suites - Other Venezuela
Standard RoomThe gate to the great Venezuelan Adventure. This cosy hotel is situated on the Caribbean coast, not too far from the International Airport of Caracas. It is perfectly suitable as a basis for trips around Venezuela, due to the fact that Caracas is the main starting point. The 15 colourful suites offer a comfortable bedroom with large windows looking out towards the ocean, a bathroom, a spacious living room with couches and a hammock that can carry up to two people. They all feature an air conditioner, fan, cable-TV, a hairdryer, a fridge and a minibar. Location: Situated on the Caribbean coast in Tanaguarena/Caraballeda, close to the International Airport of Caracas. Time to the airport: About 20 minutes.