Join us on this 13-day itinerary including the must-see destinations of Peru and Colombia. Start with a classic adventure in the Inca heartland: you will have time to enjoy the beauty and vibrancy of Cusco, as well as visit the surrounding ruins, Sacred Valley towns and countryside; then visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Machu Picchu.
Continue to Cartagena, a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most popular cities in Colombia. This hot, sultry city is filled with color, music and charm and is the perfect way to experience Colombia’s culture. Wander through the streets and alleys of the old walled city, with its tiled roofs, balconies and flower-filled courtyards. Cartagena is one of the most fascinating cities in the Caribbean and was once the “Jewel of the Spanish Crown.”
|Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu, Bogota & Cartagena|
Accommodation with breakfast everyday
Tours as stated on the itinerary - optional tours not included.
Domestic air ticket.
|Difficulty Rating||1 (Easy)|
Available upon request
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Hotel Don Pedro de Heredia - Cartagena
Standard RoomHotel Don Pedro de Heredia has 37 elegant and comfortable rooms with city views. Amenities in each room are cable TV, safety box, air conditioning, mini bar and hairdryer. Guests can easily access to Simon Bolivar House and Museum, Puerta del Reloj, and San Pedro Claver Church and Convent, and it's near the centre of city. There is a swimming pool and lovely spa to refresh yourself, and there is also a roof-top terrace where guests can relax in a sun lounger, and guests can enjoy a panoramic view of colonial architecture and the city.
Hotel Casa Deco - Bogota
Standard RoomLocated near the centre of Bogota, Hotel Casa Deco has a cosy and relaxing atmosphere with selected Italian furniture and sophisticated interior. This hotel has a roof terrace, where guests can enjoy drinking, and it also has a tearoom and offers a discount of gym which is neighbourhood. Guests can have an easy access to the gold and the Botero museums vanguards theatres and the cathedral situated in front of the plaza de Bolivar. In each room, private bathroom, cable TV, telephone, safety box, wi-fi and mini bar are available.
Imperio Machu Picchu Hotel - Machu Picchu
Standard RoomImperio Machu Picchu Hotel is a three star hotel located in the centre of Machu Picchu (town). With a sophisticated version of the typical rustic style of the area, this beautiful accommodation is perfect for those seeking good amenities and location. Its rooms have down comforters, cable TV, telephone, heating, private bathroom and wireless internet. The hotel offers room service.
Inkarri Hostal - Cusco
Standard RoomLocated in San Blas, 4 blocks from the Plaza de Armas, Inkarri is a renovated 18th century colonial house. There is an outdoor patio where Wi-Fi is free. Bright and spacious, rooms at Inkarri Hostal are decorated with wooden furnishings and open out onto balconies. They all come equipped with cable TV and private bathrooms with either bath or shower. Guests can enjoy a selection of neo-Andean dishes, with ingredients known from the Inca times combined with modern cooking techniques. A hot breakfast buffet is served daily at the in-house cafe overlooking the courtyard.
Hotel Buenavista - Lima
Standard RoomIn the heart of Lima's Miraflores area, this hostel is close to many shops and local attractions and features an outdoor area, free Wi-Fi and full kitchen. Rooms include private bathroom and cable TV. All of the 19 rooms at Hostal Buena Vista Lima are equipped with telephone and traditional decor. Room service and 24-hour front desk are available. Guests can enjoy a varied buffet breakfast in a cosy internal patio area. Buena Vista Lima also offers a lounge with TV and DVD, tour desk and transportation services. The hotel is 3 blocks from Kennedy Park and a 30-minute drive from downtown Lima. The airport is a 45 minute drive away.