Join us on this 14-day itinerary exploring some of the most incredible places of South America: Macchu Picchu & Galapagos Islands.
Discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the archaeological wonder of Machu Picchu and the lesser known and less crowded Lares region which is famed for its rural atmosphere, traditional colorful dressed weavers and roving herds of alpacas and llamas. Just north of Cusco the Lares region is an authentic slice of Peruvian life.
Continue after to the amazing Galapagos Islands and join our classic Galapagos Safari program, a luxury camp nestled in the wild highlands of Santa Cruz Island, offering an authentic inland experience with stunning views over the Pacific Ocean and the National Park.
Come and join us on this adventure whilst living in the comfort of our hand-picked properties.
|March to December|
Accommodation with breakfast everyday
All meals during Lares adventure to Machu Picchu (days 3 to 8) and during the Safari Camp in Galapagos (days 10 to 14)
All airport transfers
Services of English speaking experienced guides throughout the trip
Activities as specified in the detailed itineraries
Permit to hike Huayna Picchu
All entrance fees to sites
Boat excursion with snorkeling or scuba diving in Galapagos Islands
English-speaking naturalist guide (private for land tours and shared for boat excursions) in Galapagos
A combination of private land activities with shared boat excursions to neighboring islands in Galapagos.
|Difficulty Rating||2 (light adventure)|
Available upon request
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Galapagos Safari Camp - Classic 5 Day - Galapagos
Luxury Tent RoomThe lodge perched on a hill, with panoramic views from its expansive veranda. The open-plan interior draws the eye to the islands dotted on the horizon. There is a lounge for relaxation, a cosy fireplace and an honour bar. The dining room serves local and international dishes created by our chef using home-grown produce. Luxury tents located below the main lodge. Erected on wooden platforms, they are composed of three layers: one to protect against the sun, another against the rain and an inner canvas shell. Inside they are spacious (27m2), and their custom-made furniture was designed with comfort, practicality and elegance in mind. Twin beds can be joined to become one queen bed; and there are cupboards, a writing desk and a fan/heater for temperature control. A sofa bed can be added for children under 12. The en suite bathrooms are tastefully designed with hot power showers and flush toilets. All the tents have a large balcony with a hammock and chairs from which to take in the wonderful view.
Hilton Colon - Quito
Deluxe RoomHilton Colon Quito hotel is 10 minutes' walk from the colonial Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Relax in our Fitness Center & Spa, complete with outdoor heated pool. Choose from 5 dining experiences, including gourmet Mediterranean at Portofino and Japanese at Kioto. All Hilton Colon Quito hotel rooms have wireless internet access. Choose a Suite for mountain views or an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access. In the business district, the hotel has 15 meeting rooms for up to 700, an Executive Lounge and wireless internet access throughout. The Hilton Colon Quito hotel enjoys spectacular views of the city. Enjoy the fitness center and spa treatments then relax with a massage. Have a flutter at our late-night casino.
El Mercado Tunqui - Cusco
Superior RoomEl Mercado Tunqui is a brand new chic hotel located in the heart of Cusco. Celebrated for its customer service, El Mercado Tunqui brings the magic of the mountains to the city. It is built on the site of a former market and is located just a couple of blocks from the main Plaza de Armas where you can purchase the countries most loved Peruvian products. The rooms (26 superior, 3 junior suites and 2 suites) are charming and well equipped, boasting original decor and homely comforts. Junior suites have fireplaces and stand-alone bathtubs. Main suites are ideal for small families or for those seeking extra space and feature a terrace or a private dining/living room. If you don't want to escape the warm Peruvian atmosphere you can relax in the courtyard beside the fire pit. The restaurant, La Taberna is open for lunch, dinner and drinks. You can sample fresh, locally sourced market food and it is the perfect place to try exotic foods and delicious wines. The separate breakfast room has a stand preparing fresh juices and smoothies made to order with a vast menu of breakfast foods.
Hotel Casa Republica - Lima
Republica Standard RoomCasa Republica is a brand new boutique hotel in the bohemian district of Barranco, Lima. A 100 year old Republican era mansion has been turned into a 22 room boutique hotel which oozes the character and charm of the era. It is located a stone's throw from many of Lima's best bars and restaurants, boasts a fantastic rooftop bar with ocean views and superb rooms with period features.