Experience the best of Mexico and Cuba on an unforgettable adventure trip through its highlights. Explore the legendary Mayan ruins set in dense rainforests, gorgeous Spanish colonial architecture and splendid white-sand beaches. Be amazed by hand-rolled cigars, vintage cars, world famous Mojitos and dance the night away in the best salsa clubs!
|Mexico & Cuba|
Tours in the itinerary
Other meals where stated
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
Available upon request
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Habana 612 - Havana
Standard RoomHabana 612 Hotel is nestled in an old renovated building. The ambience and decoration tends to a minimalist style with great use of space and extensive usage of local materials. The decor breaks with tradition and adds personality to the hotel, which nevertheless keeps its colonial style in the building structure, facade and other details that allows it to stands perfectly interwoven in the environment of this part of Old Havana. With 3 floors the hotels houses 12 rooms, all with Air Conditioning, telephone, hair dryer and minibar, other facilities such as lobby-bar and breakfast room will complement the main services offered by this cozy hotel.
Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites - Cancun
Standard RoomEscape to one of the Cancun's most intimate and charming Hotels in the Mexican Caribbean, Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites, located on the best beach in Cancun, Mexico. The one, two and three-bedroom suites and villas are ideal for romantic getaways and family vacations. Unlike other properties in Cancun's Hotel Zone, Beachscape Kin Ha was designed with guests' peace and relaxation in mind. The small resort features a swimming pool, playground, two excellent restaurants and lush green landscaping, as well as a beautiful white sand beach.
Hotel del Gobernador - Merida
Standard RoomLocated in Merida's downtown, this hotel has an outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi and is less than 1 km from Merida's Cathedral and the Contemporary Art Museum. The property is air-conditioned and the rooms at Hotel del Gobernador feature a functional decor and have flat-screen cable TVs and telephone. Free toiletries are included in the private bathroom. The on-site restaurant specializes in Mexican food. Guests will also find several food options in central Merida, less than 1 km from Hotel del Gobernador.
Casa Blanca Hotel - Mexico City
Deluxe RoomCasa Blanca Hotel is located in the heart of Mexico City. The Casa Blanca Hotel offers 270 totally remodeled rooms in a modern style with the latest standards of comfort. * Private bath * Air conditioning and heating with individual control * Cable TV with remote control * Private music channel * Automatic digital telephone for long distance calls in room and bath * Purified water system * Complimentary private security box * Electronic doorlocks * Facilities for disabled persons * Hair dryer * Complimentary coffee service