M/Y Galapagos Sea Star Journey is a new Luxury boat, just launched in 2011. M/Y Galapagos Sea Star Journey has capacity for 16 passengers, it features 8 spacious suites (25m2 approx) and 1 Master Suite (35m2 approx) equipped with panoramic windows to enjoy the marvelous landscapes of the islands, private bathroom, hot/cold water, air conditioning with independent controls, minibar and TV. Twin beds or one faux queen bed and connected suites for families.
Local and international dishes are designed by our onboard chef and will be served in the cosy atmosphere of the ships dinning room. The yacht also offers a large solarium with shaded area, two jacuzzis, comfortable sun loungers and a Mini Spa offering therapies and massages. Social areas include a large living area, mini library and video library and a play zone for kids (during family departures). Snorkelling equipment and kayaks are also available free of charge.
Please note that the below itinerary is a guide and that itineraries vary depending on departure date. Your sales consultant will provide you with more details on the different itinerary options available and applicable departure dates.
|Enquire for exact departure dates|
|Accommodation||Cabin on boat.|
Matrimonial/ Twin cabin accommodation with private facilities
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
100% surcharge if not sharing.
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in: