Embark on a 7 day cruise along the famous Panama Canal on board of the impressive Discovery ship. Here you will discover the rich history of the region by meeting the ancestral Embara Indians as well as admiring the pristine Islands beaches and wildlife.
Please note some departure dates are operated in reverse. Please contact us for more details.
|26-May-2017 , 24-Jun-2017 , 04-Jul-2017 , 27-Oct-2017 , 31-Mar-2018 , 30-Apr-2018 , 29-May-2018 , 05-Jun-2018 , 27-Oct-2018 , 27-Nov-2018|
Transfers to and from the ship
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
Available upon request
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in: