Our journey begins in Santiago, the cosmopolitan capital of Chile, from where we head south to explore Chiles wine region, with its wonderful vineyards that produce some of the world's finest wines. We continue travelling south through the Chilean and Argentinean Lakes Districts taking time to discover the endless forests, alpine lakes & startling waterfalls that are abundant throughout the area, and spend time in two of Chile and Argentina's premier adventure destinations.
Please note this trip is also available in reverse from Bariloche to Santiago, contact us for more information.
|29-Oct-2017 , 12-Dec-2017 , 02-Jan-2018 , 16-Feb-2018 , 24-Feb-2018 , 10-Apr-2018|
8 nights accommodation - 8 nights in comfortable tourist class hotels and guesthouses
|Difficulty Rating||2 (light adventure)|
Available upon request
*Reverse itinerary also available please contact us for more details.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Hotel Aconcagua - Bariloche
Avenida RoomFeaturing panoramic views of the Nahuel Huapi Lake, this hotel is located 200 metres from the city's centre and offers breakfast, free WiFi access and on site parking. The rooms at Hotel Aconcagua feature a private bathroom, cable TV and splendid views of the lake or of the avenue.
Plaza Pucon Hotel - Other Chile
Standard RoomOne of the most traditional establishments in Pucon. Constructed in wood and tiles, typical of the area. Give to our guests a refurbished and welcoming atmosphere. Located in the most privileged zone of the town, near the main square, a few meters from beach access, restaurants area and casino. In short: a few steps away from everything.
Hotel Terravina - Other Chile
Standard RoomHotel Terravina has nineteen beautiful rooms, all of which were equipped and decorated with tranquility, relaxation, comfort, simple elegance, and noble materials in-mind. Take for example its oak floors, its white curtains, and the ceramic floor tiles, so typical of this area. Guests can choose single, double, twin, or triple rooms, and also a master suite.
Matildas Hotel Boutique - Santiago
Agustinas RoomMatildas Hotel Boutique offers accommodations in Santiago. Free WiFi access is available. The spacious and bright rooms are equipped with cable TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries. Some rooms also feature a sofa. A daily breakfast is included. At Matildas Hotel Boutique guests will find a 24-hour front desk, a garden and a terrace. Other facilities offered at the property include meeting facilities and laundry facilities.