Join us on this 8-day itinerary and discover the secrets of Chile. Starting in Santiago, a city framed by the Andes Mountains, offering wonderful museums, colourful colonial architecture, appealing day trips, and delicious food and wine. Continue to Casablanca Valley, a beautiful wine region right outside the city. Sample local wines and enjoy other activities such as hikes through the vineyards, biking or horseback riding before continuing to Valparaiso, one of the most unique cities in South America and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore the steep, labyrinthine streets of the most interesting and colourful hills, visit one of Valparaiso’s notable museums, and perhaps take one of the many funicular elevators that the city is famous for.
Discover the Atacama Desert, far from being a desolate, arid wilderness, the Atacama Desert is overflowing with life. Its ancient cultures offer a warm welcome to modern travellers, and fertile oases sustain an astonishing diversity of life here in the world’s driest desert.
On the high Andean plateau, you’ll find small villages at up to 4,000 meters above sea level where timeless traditions linger in extreme and wonderfully photogenic settings.
Visit San Pedro de Atacama and explore its singular landscapes, quite unlike anywhere else on earth. Vast salt flats, active geysers and intense blue lagoons are just a few of the extraordinary features of this region. Journey to the stars and learn more about the constellations in one of the many famed astronomical observatories in the northern half of Chile.
Accommodation with breakfast everyday
Tours as stated on the itinerary
Domestic air tickets
|Difficulty Rating||2 (light adventure)|
Available upon request
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Casa de Don Tomas - Atacama
Standard RoomLocated in the archaeological zone of San Pedro, the hotel has 37 rooms all with private bathrooms, central heating and internet access. A laundry service is available and there is a pool and restaurant for guests to enjoy.
Hotel Ismael 312 - Santiago
Standard RoomFeaturing an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and a terrace, Hotel Ismael 312 offers rooms with free Wi-Fi and cable TV in Santiago, 65 metres from Universidad Catolica metro Station. Valle Nevado Ski Centre is 30 km away. Decorated with stylish furnishing, rooms at Hotel Ismael 312 are fitted with air conditioning. All of them have private bathrooms and minibars. Guests at this design hotel are provided luggage storage, concierge services, car rental services and tourism information to explore the area. Laundry and dry cleaning services can also be arranged. Massage sessions can be booked for an extra fee. Hotel Ismael 312 is 650 metres from Gabriela Mistral Cultural Centre and 15 km from Arturo Merino Benitez Airport.