This trail offers a great alternative to trekking the classic 4-day Inca Trail. This easier trek is more suitable for those who have limited time but still want to experience the thrill of hiking down, to Inti Punku (Sun Gate) at sunrise, to appreciate the unforgettable views of Machu Picchu in the distance.
Note: Due to restrictions on the number of people allowed to trek the Inca Trail daily by the Peruvian Government, we recommend booking at least 3 months in advance (6 months for the May - September peak season) to ensure that you can trek your desired dates.
|Accommodation||Hotel (no camping)|
Accommodation as per itinerary
Transportation Cusco- Km 104 in Sacred Valley- Cusco
Entrace fee to Huayna Picchu
|Difficulty Rating||3 (average fitness required).|
Available upon request
Daily departures depending on Inca Trail tickets availability
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Imperio Machu Picchu - Machu Picchu
Classic RoomFeaturing a restaurant, Flower's House offers accommodations in Machu Picchu. Free WiFi access is available. Each room here features a safety deposit box, a private bathroom and cable TV. A daily breakfast is included. At Flower's House guests will find free shuttle service, a 24-hour front desk and a bar. The property is a 5-minute walk from the train station and a 7-minute walk from the bus station where guests can take a bus to Machu Picchu.
Wakapunku Boutique - Cusco
Standard RoomWakapunku, meaning 'Door to the Sanctuary' in Quechua, is a small 8 room boutique hotel located just two blocks from Cusco's main plaza and only a very short stroll from some of Cusco's top bars and restaurants. This colonial style hotel is a comfortable, tranquil and calm oasis in Cusco providing exceptional service. All rooms have showers and bathrooms with abundant hot water 24 hours a day. They feature comfortable beds and are also equipped with an LED TV, telephone and safety deposit box as well as an iPhone dock. Suite and Balcony Rooms are also available at an additional cost.