Costa Rica is a natural wonderland of rainforests, cloud forests, volcanoes, beaches, natural hot springs and an immense biodiversity that includes spider monkeys, sloths, lizards, frogs, quetzals and countless other exotic birds, butterflies and insects. This 8 day tour introduces you to some of the country’s highlights. Starting in the capital San Jose, head to the majestic and still active Arenal Volcano before exploring the beautiful Monteverde Cloud Forest with its rolling hills, mist-shrouded landscapes and huge diversity of plant and animal species. Then on to Manuel Antonio with its pristine beaches and rich wildlife before returning to San Jose.
Private transfer from/to airport
|Difficulty Rating||2 (light adventure)|
Available upon request
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Hotel Costa Verde - Manuel Antonio
Efficiency RoomHotel Costa Verde is located on a coastal rainforest bluff overlooking the Pacific beaches of Manuel Antonio National Park near Quepos, Costa Rica. Its many amenities make Costa Verde a perfect destination for those seeking adventure travel, ecotourism, sportsfishing or just the tranquillity of white sand beaches and magnificent ocean views. Hotel Costa Verde offers accommodations for a variety of options for vacation living. It has 56 accommodations: 23 studios, three bungalows, 15 efficiency or standard guestrooms, 14 studios plus and one penthouse. The rooms have balcony, air conditioning, and cable TV, wireless internet access in some areas, coffee maker, kitchenette, refrigerator and safe deposit box.
Hotel Cipreses - Monteverde
Standard RoomThis eco friendly hotel, strives daily to make the least possible impact on our environment, convey to our friends preservation messages in order to make us an unforgettable experience, book this hotel in the Cloud Forest and receive our greatest efford. Hotel Cipreses offers 30 comfortable rooms in 4 different buidings, standard rooms in our Rustic block and Standard Superior which are more spacious, bedrooms on the second floor has a beautiful view, on ground floor view of the green area and gardens, while the rooms in rustic block on his forehead showes shows native plants including banana plants which attract attention of many birds.
Hotel Las Colinas - Arenal
Standard RoomStandard rooms with Private Balcony are located on the second floor of the hotel with direct access to the beautiful Terrace Garden. The Balcony in this kind of room is facing the Arenal Volcano. The Terrace Garden is the perfect place to enjoy views of the Arenal Volcano while drinking a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, reading a book or just hanging out with friends and family.
Hotel Villa Tournon - San Jose
Standard RoomLocated 30 minutes from the airport, Hotel Villa Tournon is situated in Barrio Tournon, only 8 blocks from downtown San Jose. Many of the hotelâs 80 rooms have garden views or look out over the city. The hotel features a pool and Jacuzzi, bar and restaurant. Rooms are equipped with TV, safety deposit box and Wi-Fi.