This tour is a loop, starting in the beautiful city of Buenos Aires and visiting the southern region of this amazing continent. Experience mystical glaciers, sparkling lakes, rich wildlife and breath-taking scenery as both the Chilean and Argentinean Patagonia are explored. This tour can also be done in reverse.
|Buenos Aires, Bariloche, Puerto Montt, Chiloe, Puerto Varas, Punta Arenas, Torres del Paine, El Calafate|
Tours and airport transfers as stated on the itinerary
Accommodation with breakfast every day
Other meals when stated
Internal Flights (Buenos Aires to Bariloche & Puerto Montt to Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales)
|Difficulty Rating||2 (light adventure)|
Standard category from US$1,065
Please note that this tour does not operate during the winter months and that hotel/ lodge availability can be a problem in December/ January especially. Surcharges may also apply in these months as it is peak season.
Monte Balmaceda and Serrano Glacier tour available on day 11 for extra $US 220.
|Price Dependent upon||
Hotel / lodge availability & flight Schedule.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Los Hielos - Argentina
Standard RoomThe Hosteria Los Hielos is located 3 kms from the center of El Calafate and opposite Bahia Redonda, allowing you to enjoy a unique view of Lago Argentino.It is a warm place, built in beech and cypress wood, where every corner encourages relaxation and contemplation of the landscape. Its facade, the restaurant and rooms overlooking the Bahia Redonda, Lago Argentino and Isla Solitaria forms a nice set to enjoy your stay.
Hotel Las Torres - Mountain View -Standard 3 Night - Torres del Paine NP
Mountain View FB RoomHotel Las Torres is located in the heart of the National Park at the foot of the main tourist attraction, Las Torres del Paine and the starting point of the main trails of the park. With a rustic, simple and comfortable style, the hotel's rooms have central heating, box spring beds, telephones, private bathrooms, wireless internet , hairdryers and a wide variety of services. Includes: Transfer from/to Punta Arenas/ Pto. Natales/Calafate. Lodging with Full board (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner), Bar (soft drinks, mineral water, juices, house wines, beers and liquors no premium) and daily excursions in small groups with others passengers, accompanied by bilingual guides. Arriving from Punta Arenas includes excursion to Cerro Negro with show and BBQ. Free Entrance Fee to Torres del Paine National Park. Riding insurance.
Park Inn - Radisson - Puerto Montt/ Puerto Varas
Standard RoomThis hotel is located in a residential area on a hill in Puerto Varas, offering panoramic views of the city and Lake Llanquihue. It features an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. Rooms at Park Inn feature a practical design with cable TV. Room service is available 24/7. The hotel has a balcony with 360º panoramic views of the city, lake and the volcanoes. Westphalia restaurant Mirador serves regional and international cuisine combined with flavours of the south. Guests can also enjoy restaurant and bar options in the centre of Puerto Varas.
Hotel Tres Reyes - Bariloche
Standard RoomTres Reyes Hotel is located right in the center of Bariloche, just one block from the main street and some steps from the Civic Center. Featuring a classical Patagonian style in the outside but being fully- renovated inside, it blends top-quality furniture, carefully-chosen decoration, unrivalled views of Lake Nahuel Huapi and beautiful gardens with lush vegetation. The spacious living-room with its stunning view to Lake Nahuel Huapi and the Andes Range will let you relax, enjoy your stay at the Hotel and appreciate the beauty of the landscape.
Dazzler Tower Recoleta - Buenos Aires
Standard RoomThe modern 4-star Dazzler Recoleta is located in an old elite area of the city, the district of Recoleta, surrounded by quaint mansions and beautiful wide tree-lined streets with small boutique restaurants offering al fresco dining. The hotel offers a wide variety of services including 24-hour desk, Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, room service, central air-conditioning and heating, business centre, outdoor pool, solarium, sauna and gym. The rooms have double paned soundproof windows and are equipped with Wi-Fi, cable TV, telephone, electronic safe, magnetic card door lock, private bathroom, work desk and chair.