Explore the world’s largest tropical forest on board the new luxury Delfin III Amazon Vessel on a 3 night itinerary that combines natural wonders, dramatic scenery and indigenous culture. Spend a night in Chimu’s own boutique hotel in Lima, Casa Republica located in the upcoming district of El Barranco before you embark on daily hikes through the seldom travelled Lares Region through the Sacred Valley of the Incas to Machu Picchu. Stay in mountain lodges run in partnership with local communities and meet local weavers and farmers and get a glimpse of the distant past.
|14-Nov-2017 , 28-Nov-2017 , 03-Mar-2018 , 17-Mar-2018 , 31-Mar-2018 , 21-Apr-2018 , 28-Apr-2018 , 12-May-2018 , 19-May-2018|
• Airport transfers and transportation as detailed on the itinerary
• Twin-share accommodation according to the itinerary
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
Available upon request
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Huacahuasi Lodge - Cusco Treks
Standard RoomLocated in the Urubamba district, Huacahuasi Lodge opened in October 2014. There are 8 tastefully decorated guest rooms and the lodge also features internet access, 24 hour medical assistance, oxygen tank and massage room with massages on request. The glass fronted restaurant/bar provides views across the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the Lares region and serves dishes made using locally sourced ingredients. The rooms have heating and Wi-Fi access and are equipped with a phone, alarm clock, safe, hairdryer, en-suite bathroom with hot shower and a hot tub on the terrace. The local staff provide exceptional service. The lodge is situated near to the thermal baths of the Lares and Huacahuasi community.
Lamay Lodge - Cusco Treks
Standard RoomBased on traditional Inca building techniques, Lamay Lodge opened its doors in October 2014. Situated in the Calca district, the lodge is near to the archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo and the thermal waters of Qaqato. The 8 simply but tastefully decorated rooms are heated and all have a view out across the Sacred Valley. They are equipped with a phone, Wi-Fi internet access, alarm clock, safe, hairdryer and en-suite bathroom with hot shower. Facilities at the lodge include a restaurant/bar that serves dishes made using locally sourced ingredients, massage room with massages on request, laundry service, 24 hour medical assistance, oxygen tank and an outdoor hot tub. From a welcome drink and warm towel on arrival to a hot water bottle and herbal pillow in bed at night - the lodge is a home away from home.
El Mercado Tunqui - Cusco
Superior RoomEl Mercado Tunqui is a brand new chic hotel located in the heart of Cusco. Celebrated for its customer service, El Mercado Tunqui brings the magic of the mountains to the city. It is built on the site of a former market and is located just a couple of blocks from the main Plaza de Armas where you can purchase the countries most loved Peruvian products. The rooms (26 superior, 3 junior suites and 2 suites) are charming and well equipped, boasting original decor and homely comforts. Junior suites have fireplaces and stand-alone bathtubs. Main suites are ideal for small families or for those seeking extra space and feature a terrace or a private dining/living room. If you don't want to escape the warm Peruvian atmosphere you can relax in the courtyard beside the fire pit. The restaurant, La Taberna is open for lunch, dinner and drinks. You can sample fresh, locally sourced market food and it is the perfect place to try exotic foods and delicious wines. The separate breakfast room has a stand preparing fresh juices and smoothies made to order with a vast menu of breakfast foods.
Hotel Casa Republica - Lima
Republica Standard RoomCasa Republica is a brand new boutique hotel in the bohemian district of Barranco, Lima. A 100 year old Republican era mansion has been turned into a 22 room boutique hotel which oozes the character and charm of the era. It is located a stone's throw from many of Lima's best bars and restaurants, boasts a fantastic rooftop bar with ocean views and superb rooms with period features.
Delfin III - Iquitos
Upper Suite Cabin RoomThe elegantly designed Flora Suites are located on the upper deck, each featuring floor to ceiling windows for stunning views of the surrounding scenery. These suites are equipped with king size beds with fine Peruvian cotton linen, European-style duvets and choice of bed configuration. There are comfortable sitting areas and the bathrooms feature premium bath amenities and a hairdryer. There is a daily maid service, nightly turn-down service, under-bed luggage storage, in-room safe, internal communication system and individual climate control.