Colombia is the new black in terms of travel destinations, adorned in enigmatic history (both ancient and recent), lush coffee plantations, incredibly friendly people, stunning beaches, tropical islands, great restaurants, great infrastructure, incredible architecture and laid back cobble stoned pueblos, it's a destination simply waiting for flocks of tourists, but they are not there yet, so go before the rest of the world catch on!
This tour of Bogota and Cartagena plus a little more, will offer you a great taste for this wonderful country and leave you wanting to see more.
Accommodation with breakfast everyday
Meals as stated on the itinerary
Tour and transfers as stated on the itinerary
Domestic air tickets: Bogota to Armenia - Armenia to Cartagena - Cartagena to Bogota.
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
FROM US$450 - Subject to season and availability, contact us for more details.
Contact us for more details.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Hotel Don Pedro de Heredia - Cartagena
Standard RoomHotel Don Pedro de Heredia has 37 elegant and comfortable rooms with city views. Amenities in each room are cable TV, safety box, air conditioning, mini bar and hairdryer. Guests can easily access to Simon Bolivar House and Museum, Puerta del Reloj, and San Pedro Claver Church and Convent, and it's near the centre of city. There is a swimming pool and lovely spa to refresh yourself, and there is also a roof-top terrace where guests can relax in a sun lounger, and guests can enjoy a panoramic view of colonial architecture and the city.
Hacienda Combia - Armenia
Standard RoomConveniently connected to the airport in Armenia, Hacienda Combia is close to Centenario Stadium. Additional regional attractions include Del Cafe National Park. Hacienda Combia has an outdoor pool, a steam room, and a sauna. Wireless and wired high-speed Internet access is complimentary in public areas. The hotel offers a restaurant. The staff can provide concierge services and tour assistance. Additional amenities include express check-in and express check-out. For a surcharge, guests receive transportation including a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request), an area shuttle, and a theme park shuttle. Onsite parking is complimentary. The property may provide extended parking privileges to guests after check-out (surcharge). This is a smoke-free property.
Hotel Casa Deco - Bogota
Standard RoomLocated near the centre of Bogota, Hotel Casa Deco has a cosy and relaxing atmosphere with selected Italian furniture and sophisticated interior. This hotel has a roof terrace, where guests can enjoy drinking, and it also has a tearoom and offers a discount of gym which is neighbourhood. Guests can have an easy access to the gold and the Botero museums vanguards theatres and the cathedral situated in front of the plaza de Bolivar. In each room, private bathroom, cable TV, telephone, safety box, wi-fi and mini bar are available.