Lake Titicaca conjures powerful images: not only the world's highest navigable lake, but also the legendary birthplace of the Inca Empire ... as well as the home of the Bolivian Navy! This short tour is a great way to enjoy the magnificent scenery and fascinating cultures on and around the Lake; and can easily be added to a tour in Cusco.
|Accommodation||Hotel in Puno. Rustic home stay on Amantani Island.|
All breakfasts; other meals where stated
Cruise on Lake
Transfers: bus station or Juliaca airport
|Difficulty Rating||2.5 (high altitude and light adventure)|
FROM US$270 - Subject to availability, contact us for more details.
Tour commences in Puno or at Juliaca Airport.
Transfers, bus or train from/to Cusco can be arranged at an extra cost.
No flights included.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Casa Andina Private Collection Puno - Puno
Superior RoomCasa Andina Premium Collection Puno has a spectacular location on the shores of Lake Titicaca with stunning views of the highest navigable lake in the world. Hotel facilities include a gourmet restaurant, bar, Wi-Fi and internet centre. The rooms feature private bathrooms and balconies.
Casa Andina Classic Puno Tikarani - Puno
Standard RoomCasa Andina Standard Puno Tikarani is a medium-sized, quiet hotel with several spacious common areas, including a living room with fireplace and a patio. The hotel is in an excellent location close to Puno's restaurant and bar scene. The rooms are spacious and feature private shower, TV and safety deposit box. The hotel also offers Wi-Fi, internet service and laundry service.
Hacienda Plaza de Armas Puno - Puno
Standard RoomSet in the heart of Puno, the Hotel Hacienda Plaza de Armas is a great 3 star hotel that can cater to a variety of needs. Puno, considered the capital of the Peru folkloric region, has many great sites and activities that make it a great tourist attraction. The hotel is situated in one of the more historical districts of the area and provides comfort to the highest standards.