The new Mega-Catamaran Ocean Spray offers the best performance and comfort in Galapagos Cruising. The elegant design includes a huge sundeck, Jacuzzi and spacious cabins each with private balcony. Her speed, comfort, top guides and itinerary will make Ocean Spray perfect for your luxury Galapagos cruise. Kayaks are also available for use.
Upon arrival at San Cristóbal Airport, the guide will meet you to transfer to the Ocean Spray. In the afternoon, visit Isla Lobos, appropriately named with a large population of noisy, frolicking sea lions. León Dormido, or Kicker Rock, is the remains of a lava cone, which is a fantastic spot for snorkelling. Above water you will see tropicbirds, frigates and boobies.
Visit Punta Pitt in the morning for an easy hike rewarded with the only nesting site which hosts all species of Galapagos boobies. The volcanic land formations create an impressive backdrop, making for a fascinating site. Later, explore Cerro Brujo, or Witch Hill, starting at one the finest beaches of the archipelago with its soft white sand occupied by sea lions and blue-footed boobies alongside one another. Beyond the beach is a lagoon, occupied by egrets and great blue herons. Snorkel in the beautiful turquoise waters complete with abundant marine life.
Visit two sites on Isla Floreana today. In the morning, head to the famous Post Office Bay, where 18th Century whalers placed a wooden barrel for use as a manual post box, a system that still works today. In the afternoon, head to Punta Cormorant for a hike to a salt-water lagoon which is home to flamingos. You’ll also be amazed by the green coloured beach, caused by a high percentage of olivine crystals in the sand. You will also get to swim in the crystal clear waters off Corona del Diablo, Devil's Crown. This extinct volcano peaks out of the waters just off Floreana's coast and offers a magnificent snorkelling experience.
The shallow inlet of Black Turtle Cove is surrounded by mangroves and provides natural protection for a variety of marine life, attracting the vulnerable juveniles of many species. Below the surface of the water, you can see both black-tip and white-tip reef sharks, sea turtles, golden cow-nose rays, spotted eagle rays, and an occasional hammerhead shark. Transfer to the airport for your departure flight to mainland Ecuador.
Accommodation on board the Ocean Spray
All shore excursions
All meals throughout the cruise
All soft drinks and juices
Champagne at the reception and complimentary fruit platter
Galapagos National Park certified Guide
Use of snorkeling gear and wetsuits
Talk to one of our Destination Specialists to plan your South American adventure and turn your dream into a reality. With exceptional knowledge and first hand experience, our consultants will assist in every way possible to make your journey the most memorable it can be, matching not only the itinerary, but the accommodation and activities to suit your style of travel and budget.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.