Visit this unspoiled island and paradise in Lake Nicaragua. Admired for its diversity such as adventure, nature reserves, rainforests, diverse wildlife populations, beautiful beaches, crystal clear fresh water pools, archeological sites and friendly hospitality that is specifically ‘Ometepe’. All set beneath the dramatic profile of two majestic volcanoes that make this island.
Transfer from Managua to San Jorge’s port, located at Rivas. Upon arrival at San Jorge, you will board a one hour ride ferry that will take you to Moyogalpa on Ometepe Island. A local guide will be waiting to transfer you to the Villa Paraiso Hotel, located at “Playa Santo Domingo” Beach where you spend the next 2 nights.
From the moment you arrive at Ometepe you realise that you are in a different world, unique in its kind. Theare are 2 volcanoes - 'Concepción' and 'Maderas' which is an extinct volcano covered by a deep cloud forest and a lagoon on the top of the crater. The Island was a ceremonial place for ancient Indian culture and because of this many petroglyphs and stone idols are found in different archaeological sites and in the Altagracia town. The remainder of the afternoon is at your leisure.
Breakfast at hotel Villa Paraiso followed by a full day tour of Ometepe Island. This is a fantastic opportunity to see the most interesting places of the island including the town called Altagracia with its charming little church, the museum and the stone statues. Take a small hike around the mysterious Charco Verde, Punta de Jesus Maria & Numismatic Museum. We will be back in time to see the sunset at your hotel. Lunchbox included on the tour.
We believe that appropriate accommodation should add to the authentic travel experience, as well as providing utmost enjoyment. For that reason our accommodation is scrutinised by our staff on the ground frequently, ensuring the properties adhere to our high standards. This key will help you understand the levels of accommodation available on this tour.
Comfortable properties with dependable facilities and service.
Upmarket properties with above average facilities and service.
Luxurious properties with impeccable facilities and service.
SPEAK TO A SPECIALIST
Talk to one of our Destination Specialists to plan your South American adventure and turn your dream into a reality. With exceptional knowledge and first hand experience, our consultants will assist in every way possible to make your journey the most memorable it can be, matching not only the itinerary, but the accommodation and activities to suit your style of travel and budget.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.