Nestled away from the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires is the beautiful and antique El Ombu De Areco. This lush 300 acre ranch situated around an old colonial-style mansion offers the perfect quiet getaway. Here at El Ombu de Areco you have the opportunity to enjoy the tranquil Argentinian countryside filled with never-ending fields of waving grass and rolling hills. Experience the unique and rustic life of the pampas, undertaking activities such as horseback riding or carriage riding, bike riding, enjoy traditional folk dances or simply relax all day by the pool and take in the vastness of the countryside.
This morning you will be collected from your hotel for the transfer to Estancia El Ombu located approximately two hours by road from Buenos Aires.
In San Antonio de Areco, just 120 km from Buenos Aires, you will find the historic Estancia El Ombú de Areco. The stay consists of a magnificent 1880's building, belonging to the Boelcke family since 1934. It has been more than 25 years since this traditional Estancia in San Antonio de Areco has received tourists from Argentina and the world, who come to spend the day or stay in one of its comfortable suites. The Estancia El Ombú de Areco has 13 magnificent rooms, a living room, a restaurant, a games room, two swimming pools, soccer and volleyball courts. The activities that you can choose from include horseback riding, sulky or carriage rides, folklore shows with music and dance, demonstrations of Indian dressage or tribe management, hiking, bicycle rides, bird watching and farm animals.
Today choose to take part in the activities available or soak up the sites and sounds of this magnificent place, with varied vegetation and wildlife alike. Enjoy your last moments at Estancia el Ombu before you are transferred back to your hotel in Buenos Aires.
We believe that appropriate accommodation should add to the authentic travel experience, as well as providing utmost enjoyment. For that reason our accommodation is scrutinised by our staff on the ground frequently, ensuring the properties adhere to our high standards. This key will help you understand the levels of accommodation available on this tour.
Comfortable properties with dependable facilities and service.
Upmarket properties with above average facilities and service.
Luxurious properties with impeccable facilities and service.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.