Skip to main content


Taxes, Entrance Charges & Visas

Please note that in several Latin American countries a reciprocal entrance fee is charged for arriving passengers. This is subject to change at any time. For more information please refer to the specific country information sections in this document for details on reciprocal entrance fees.
Some countries such as Brazil and Cuba require passport holders from Australia, the United States and Canada to have prearranged visas. Please refer to the detailed country information sections in this document for details on visa requirements.
Please note that other countries may charge fees without warning, and these will be payable locally at the airport or land border crossing.
Some airports also charge an airport usage fee or embarkation fee that is not included in your ticket price. Please see the flight section below for details.
All Taxes and Entrance fees are subject to change, and clients accept this as part of travel in Latin America. Chimu Adventures cannot be held responsible for these charges.
Disclaimer: Whilst Chimu Adventures will assist in every possible way to provide you with accommodation and flight details necessary to obtain any necessary visas, we are not a consular service and it is the sole responsibility of the traveller to obtain the necessary visas before departing Australia either through our partner site visalink, or through the consulate. Travelling without a visa may result in the cancellation of part or the whole of your tour without refund as per the terms and conditions which you can view through the link below.
Important Note for passengers travelling via the United States of America:
International travellers who are seeking to travel to or via the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), even if you are only transiting, are now subject to enhanced security requirements and will be required to pay an administrative fee. All eligible travellers who wish to travel to or via the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for authorisation and then pay the fee. Please visit the following website for more information: