Please note that your cruise booking may be subject to fuel surcharges should world oil prices increase significantly prior to the time of your departure. Cruise operators do attempt to factor this price into your tour cost. However, unexpected rises in the cost of marine fuel can result in a fuel surcharge that will depend on the cost of oil per barrel and the individual ship operator. By booking a tour with us, you agree that this may be the case with your booking. You will be advised of any surcharge once we have been notified of the surcharges from the cruise operator if this situation arises.
International Flights to meet your cruise
International flights to join your cruise will be available for booking approximately 11 months prior to tour departure date. Please contact your booking agent to discuss flight options available for your travel arrangements. Please see below for some suggestions on pre and post cruise itinerary options in South America.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers and policy details must be provided prior to your final documentation being issued. We strongly recommend you obtain a policy for the level of cover at the time of booking you are comfortable with ensuring it meets our minimum guidelines. For more information on Travel Insurance please refer to the Antarctica Travellers Guide below or contact your booking agent.
Terms and Conditions
By making the booking, he or she has read and has agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please click HERE to view.
International Maritime Regulations require that we create a manifest for each expedition. To fulfil our obligation certain information is required. Below are a few forms that will need to be completed. Forms must be returned NO MORE THAN 100 days prior to departure.
ALL passengers must:
✔ Complete Passenger Details Form - this will be emailed to you by your booking agent to be completed online. This must be completed no later than 100 days prior to your voyage departure date.
✔ Cruise Contract - This must be completed no later than 100 days prior to your voyage departure date.
⬤ OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES - please enquire with your booking agent for availability on your voyage
The following activities are available on selected voyages. Please see below for more information. Contact your booking agents to check availability and pricing:
- Kayaking: Kayaking in the far-flung corners of the world is an experience guaranteed to refresh your soul. Paddling in small groups, you'll glide between ice floes, brash ice and icebergs dotted with wildlife. Previous kayaking experience is required. Limited availability. Price dependent on your voyage, please contact your booking agent for price and availability.
- Camping: A true outdoor adventure, experience the sights and sounds during your opportunity to fully immerse yourself when you camp overnight in Antarctica. Available on selected voyages and subject to weather conditions. Please contact your booking agent for price and availability.
- Photography private workshop: Includes workshops prior to arrival in Antarctica, critiquing sessions while in Antarctica and editing workshops on the return journey. Some Zodiac excursions on dedicated Zodiacs and dedicated photography guide on landings. Return with the best captured memories possible. Limted availability. Please contact your booking agent for price and availability.
- Snowshoeing: A unique way to explore Antarctica. It makes walking up gentle slops a breeze, allowing you to explore places others struggle to reach in boots alone. Available on selected voyages and subject to weather conditions. Please contact your booking agent for price and availability.
- On-board Yoga: Experience yoga in a unique way. On board the ship, yoga sessions are available to take part in. These are however, weather and swell dependent. No cost.
- Hiking: Explore the surroundings by foot as you actively hike on Antarctica. Only available in some locations. Weather dependent. No cost.
⬤ EXPEDITION GEAR
Expedition boots are provided for use during the duration of your Antarctic Cruise on board the Ocean Endeavour. Jacket is provided on a loan basis and returned at the end of the voyage. Jackets are also available (subject to availability) to purchase onboard.
⬤ RESOURCES & CRUISE EXTENSIONS
We have some additional resources to help you prepare for your upcoming trip to Antarctica, as well as some excellent itinerary ideas to explore South America pre or post your cruise.