A beautiful honeymoon package that introduces you to some of the wonders of Costa Rica while spoiling you with luxury hotels and resorts at the end of each day. Marvel at the impressive Irazu and Poas volcanoes, meander through a coffee plantation, stroll the streets of the artisan town of Sarchi and take in the beautiful scenery of the Orosi Valley. Blend nature and adventure as you take an exhilarating raft along the Balsa River and a guided walk along the Mistico Hanging Bridges at Arenal. End your honeymoon with a few days relaxing in a tropical paradise at a beachside resort on the Pacific Ocean, the perfect end to the perfect holiday.
Private arrival and departure transfers with English speaking assistance
|Difficulty Rating||2 (light adventure)|
Available upon request
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Tango Mar Beach Resort - Costa Rica
Tropical Suite RoomLocated on a 150-acre private beachfront reserve along the Nicoya Peninsula on the Pacific Coast, Tango Mar offers the intimate exclusivity of a small, deluxe beach resort on a vast site where you can find a space to call your own. Here is a place that is charmed by a unique atmosphere, its own microclimate and favorable all year round conditions. Manicured grounds and fine accommodations blend with exuberant jungle vegetation and exotic birds and animals to create the perfect balance of nature and refinement. Here you will encounter a living community with a pulse that beats in time with its natural surroundings and to the push-pull rhythm of the constantly breaking Pacific waves.
Hotel Tabacon Resort & Spa - Costa Rica
Standard RoomTabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort offers the unique combination of the energy of the volcano, the flowing waters of the hot springs and the fresh air of the rainforest. This deluxe hotels offers 102 luxurious rooms and suites of different categories (Superior, Superior Premium, Rainforest Suite, Tabacon Suite, Honneymoon Suite and the twoâroom Ambassador and Senator Suites). All rooms are beautifully appointed with rich handicrafts and furnishings made by Costa Rican artisans. Rooms feature cable television, DVD, a personal safe, mini bar and coffee maker. Guest bathrooms include luxurious bathrobes, deluxe bath toiletries, hair dryer and bathtub.
Hotel Grano de Oro - San Jose
Situated on a shady street just off Paseo Colon, San Jose's main thoroughfare, Hotel Grano de Oro is a true oasis in the heart of the city. Converted from a Tropical Victorian mansion, the 40-room hotel maintains the warmth and comfort of a private home with all the amenities of a fine hotel. Service is paramount and the perpetually smiling staff of the Hotel Grano de Oro welcome guests to their 'home away from home' time and again. Hallways lined with period photographs and original art meander through the building and present lush tropical flower arrangements and luxurious plants at every turn. The entire Hotel is non-smoking. Located 20 minutes from the international airport and 10 minutes from the domestic airport, this San Jose hotel is ideally located for exploring San Jose, it's museums and other local sites as well as for enjoying a host of day trips to the rainforest, volcanoes or experiencing the thrill of white water rafting. The hotel is also home to one of Costa Rica's finest restaurants which is open daily from 7 am until 10pm.