Brazil’s famous coast line offers many delights and this tour allows you to sample some of it’s best offerings. From the stunning city of Rio we will travel south to the Island paradise of Ilha Grande, where no cars are allowed and you can really get back to nature. From here travel to the charming colonial town of Paraty with it’s surrounding tropical Islands and cobblestone streets. Finally we end the tour with the unmistakable and thunderous Iguazu falls!
|Brazil: Rio de Janeiro, Ihla Grande, Paraty, Iguazu Falls|
Accommodation with breakfast everyday
Tours locally guided as stated on the itinerary
Flight from Sao Paulo to Iguazu Falls
Meals as stated on the itinerary
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
FROM US$840 - Subject to season and availability, contact us for more details.
This tour can also be done in reverse starting in Iguazu. Departure flight from Iguazu falls not included.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Nadai Confort Hotel - Foz do Iguacu
Standard RoomHotel Nadai is passing through a true metamorphosis in its customer service philosophy and modernizing its structure from a family hotel. Located in the downtown area of Foz do Iguacu, the Nadai Confort Hotel has undergone a complete transformation in only a few months. The change took place first with coming up with a new name in line with the philosophy of the company, which is run by the Nadai family who is well known in this industry. Several changes have already been made, beginning with the remodeling of the rooms, making them more luxurious and comfortable. There is four options of apartments to offer to tourists: 17 luxury apartments, 109 standard apartments, three suites, and one master suite with a whirlpool. All rooms have a wireless internet system in operation, as well as in the restaurant lobby and meeting room. The remodeling continued with the revamping of the recreation area, which currently has an area for children to play, a huge pool with a waterfall, a bar to meet customers' desires, and a Spa that offers numerous services for enjoyment and quality of life.
Pousada do Principe - Ilha Grande/ Paraty
Standard RoomPousada do Principe offers Portuguese architecture from the Brazilian colonial period. It is just a 10-minute walk to Praia do Pontal Beach, where a variety of restaurants can be found. It offers an outdoor pool free Wi-Fi. Spacious leisure areas and exotic plant life surround Principe Pousada. The hotel features rooms with air conditioning, a ceiling fan, a TV, a minibar, and mosquito netting. The spacious central living room provides a TV is an ideal place to relax or guests can take a 5-minute walk and visit the historic centre. The nearest bus station is just a 2-minute walk away.
Naturalia Ilha Grande - Ilha Grande/ Paraty
Standard RoomPousada Naturalia benefits from a beautiful location and the hotel is equipped with all the necessary comforts: state-of-the-art air-conditioning (including 4 suites with Split system), fridge with mini-bar, solar water-heating (in 8 rooms), private balcony with hammock, made-to-order beds in solid wood, prime-line mattresses and private safe.
Windsor Palace - Rio de Janeiro
Standard RoomWalk the streets of Copacabana and be near one of the most famous beaches in the world while in Rio de Janeiro. Stay at the Windsor Palace Hotel where you find comfort, convenience and assistance. The hotel is the ideal accommodation for those wishing to experience the beauty of Rio de Janeiro, whether on holidays or on business trips in a pleasant, comfortable, and friendly atmosphere. With several attractions around, including beaches, bars and restaurants, shops and much more, the Windsor Palace Hotel mixes the renowned Windsor quality with all Rio can offer, which ensures a fantastic stay.