|Every Tuesday & Friday|
Includes: Accommodations, daily breakfast, hotel taxes, shared transfers and tours, guide during the tours, entrance fees, lunch in Tikal, lunch in Yaxha, boat trip in Lake Atitlan and Yaxha.
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
Available Upon request
Upgrades are available such as private tours, superior room types (at some hotels), different hotels, additional activities during free time, transfers in SUV or 4x4 vehicles, charter flights, helicopter transfers and additional tours for a supplemental cost.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Del Patio (Santa Elena) - Tikal/ Flores
Standard (No Breakfast) RoomLocated in Santa Elena Peten, Hotel Del Patio with its colonial architecture offers the best location to enjoy an unforgettable stay in Peten and the archaeological Park of Tikal. Hotel Del Patio is 3 minutes away from the International Mayan World Airport, 2 minutes from the Flores Island, 45 minutes of the National Park of Tikal and within walking distance to Lake Peten Itza.
Hotel Crowne Plaza - Guatemala City
Standard RoomWake up to brilliant, golden sunrises peeking over volcanic hills each morning you stay at our hotel's property in Guatemala City. Our hotel provides perks like free high-speed, wireless Internet access, so you can keep in touch with the office. To help you relax, we also offer a wonderful spa with services like steambaths, saunas and massages, as well as the Crowne Plaza Sleep AdvantageÂ® Program amenity kit.
Regis Hotel - Lake Atitlan
Standard RoomSituated just 500 meters from the lakeshore, you are welcome to discover the essence of relaxation at Regis Hotel & Spa. Regis Hotel is one of the most established accommodations since they have been welcoming guests for over half a century ago. This unique boutique hotel has served as a tranquil oasis immersed in lush gardens in the heart of Panajachel.
Hotel Lo de Bernal - Antigua
Standard RoomThe main objective of this charming little hotel, which was built in 2008, is to truly provide guests with comfort and convenience. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, with a design that comes from the Spanish Colonial era concept, including spaces with delicate finishes, natural details and personalised service to ensure a successful stay. The hotel has 9 rooms, 5 standard rooms, 3 double deluxe rooms and 1 master suite. Guests are welcomed into a lobby with 24-hour check-out service. Additional facilities include a hotel safe, currency exchange facilities, a dining room, WLAN Internet access and a laundry service.