This spectacular eight day tour of South America’s high mountain region starts in Bolivia and ends in Peru, taking in both sides of Lake Titicaca along the way. See vibrant locals, incredible scenery and remnants of the Inca culture that has changed very little in the past 500 years. Highlights include La Paz - one of the world's highest cities in a spectacular mountain setting; Lake Titicaca - the world's highest navigable lake lying on the border of Peru and Bolivia; Cusco - the ancient capital of the Inca empire and finally a private tour of Machu Picchu - the legendary Inca citadel and Lost City of the Incas.
Tours in the itinerary
Other meals specified in the itinerary
|Difficulty Rating||2.5 (High altitude and light adventure)|
Standard category from US$491
This tour can also be done in reverse from Cusco to La Paz. Contact us for details.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Casa Andina Korikancha - Cusco
Standard RoomCasa Andina Korikancha is removed from the traffic, hustle and bustle of the centre but still just 3 blocks from Cusco Plaza de Armas. An atmosphere of spaciousness and serenity, spread across 2 sprawling, connected 18th-century manor houses and 2 peaceful interior colonial patios. The hotel is just steps from Koricancha (the Inca Temple of the Sun) and Santo Domingo church.
Casa Andina Tikarani - Puno
Standard RoomCasa Andina Classic Puno Tikarani is a medium-sized, quiet hotel with several spacious common areas, including a living room with fireplace and a patio. The hotel is in an excellent location close to Puno's restaurant and bar scene. The rooms are spacious and feature private shower, TV and safety deposit box. The hotel also offers Wi-Fi, internet service and laundry service.
Ecololodge La Estancia - Copacabana
Standard RoomEcolodge La Estancia sits at an amazing spot located on the southern part of the Island of the Sun in Lake Titicaca. It was built to combine typical Andean architecture with modern comforts, always respecting the harmony of the surrounding nature and habitat. The cabins were constructed with adobe brick and thatch roofs, and were set between pre-Inca terraces. Solar energy is used and waste at all levels is recycled.
Hotel Rosario La Paz - La Paz
Standard RoomThe colonial Hotel Rosario is nestled within the heart of La Paz, within easy access of all of the city's main attractions. The hotel's decor has been inspired by the Aymara culture with Andean art and architecture reflected in the design of the rooms, patios and gardens. The rooms are decorated with Andean and local Bolivian handicrafts and feature heating, Wi-Fi and cable TV. The hotel's reasonably priced Terradentro Illampu restaurant serves excellent Bolivian cuisine accompanied by Bolivian wines.