Discover the contrasts of Peru through this nine day luxury itinerary. Travel from the colonial city of Lima, through the Andes to Lake Titicaca and visit the islands of Uros and Taquile to learn more about the indigenous lifestyle.
Don't miss the unique opportunity to experience the man-made floating islands, which are constructed entirely out of Totora reeds and ropes. The lost Inca city of Machu Picchu is a must for all visitors to Peru and a guided tour will fuse mystery and history.
|Machu Pichu, Cusco, Lima, Puno, Lake Titicaca|
Tours in the itinerary
Other meals where stated
|Difficulty Rating||2 (high altitude)|
FROM US$2,400 - subject to season and availability, contact us for more details.
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and Availability.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo - Machu Picchu
Superior HB RoomInkaterra is an intimate 85-cottage luxury hotel in an Andean style village that exists in a secluded and exquisite environment, where guests follow stone pathways to their rooms, located in comfortable one- or two-story whitewashed casitas. There's a definite homelike atmosphere about the hotel, with colourful handcrafted furnishings and spacious rooms filled with plenty of natural light. Moreover, the gardens are incredible with over 372 species of flowers and plants. Services and facilities include: high speed internet, spa, Andean cuisine, Nature Centre guided walks and Inkaterra gallery gift shop.
Palacio Nazarenas Hotel - Cusco
Junior Suite RoomSet in a tranquil plaza behind Cuzco's main square, this former palace and convent is emerging from years of restoration to become one of the city's most exclusive hotels. Step past walls of Inca stones and into a cloistered courtyard with an ancient fountain at its heart. Then be surprised as contemporary Cuzco comes to the fore: a fabulous spa, the city's first outdoor pool and stylish restaurants serving cutting-edge local cuisine. This intimate urban retreat has just 55 suites, each enriched with oxygen and with its own private bar where guests (or their private butler) can create drinks accented with fresh ingredients grown at and around the hotel. As with all of the suites, the furnishings and facilities have been designed to provide the utmost comfort and to reflect the authentic charm of Palacio Nazarenas. The suites range in size from 42m2 to 60m2, with some of the bathrooms being over 20m2 - a unique feature in a historic building of this type. Each spacious bathroom has under-floor heating and Peruvian travertine marble decor.
Titilaka Hotel - Puno
Suite King FB RoomThe award-winning Titilaka is an Experience Lodge located on a private peninsula on the shores of Lake Titicaca, providing sophisticated travelers a luxurious refuge to explore the treasured natural, cultural and historical resources of this remote mystical region. A stay at Titilaka includes: Lake views from each of the 18 rooms Adventure, culture and nature excursions Flexible itineraries customized with our Experience Concierge All gourmet and fusion meals, including drinks Top boutique facilities and outstanding service Set between the water, mountains and sky, Titilaka is a contemporary lodge offering luxury and comfort while integrating with the environment and paying homage to the cultures of Lake Titicaca. Maintaining the best standards of facilities and service, the Titilaka distinguishes itself not only in comforts but with style. From the impressive facade to the crisp dining room, the decor fuses modern ambiance with the colorful heritage of the region. Large windows allow guests to see outdoors, while the heated floors keep them warm from the elements. Those looking for closer contact with the outside need only step outside to the Titilaka's wrap around terraces.
Westin Lima - Lima
Deluxe RoomLocated in Lima's vibrant financial and shopping district, the hotel is just 15 kilometers from Jorge Chavez International Airport and minutes from a dazzling selection of restaurants, galleries, and parks as well as banks and corporate headquarters. As the largest convention center in Lima, the Westin caters to every type of meeting and setup, complete with the latest technologies and dedicated staff. After a long day of meetings, guests can recharge at the Heavenly Spa by Westin, indoor pool, or fitness center. Guests can choose from 301 spacious guest rooms or suites with contemporary furnishings and a host of pampering amenities. Sparkling city views and stylish decor enhance each experience. Each Deluxe Room is a contemporary haven, perfectly configured for comfort and easy downtime. Guests can enjoy Lima city views, the convenience of a large desk for work, and a 37-inch LCD TV for relaxation.