Join us on this 4-day Amazon cruise on board the luxury Delfin II. Discover a profusion of wildlife, three-toed sloths, piranhas, squirrel monkeys, and white-throated toucans. The tell-tale snort of a pink river dolphin makes all eyes turn to see it glide through mysterious tannin-rich waters. You may see hundreds of birds roosting and feeding along the riverbanks. The wildlife of Amazon is remarkable in its abundance and staggering diversity.
- All meals while on board (arrival day: dinner, cruise days: all meals, departure day: breakfast & lunch)
- Air tickets to/from Iquitos
|Difficulty Rating||2 (light adventure)|
Single Supplement is + 50% in addition to the adult rate on both Delfin I & Delfin II.
7 years old minimum on all departures.
Your cruise package includes transfers from/to the Iquitos Airport to/from the port of Nauta, where the vessel will depart and set sail from. These included transfers are offered only when arriving and departing with our recommended LAN Airlines flights, which is approximately 5:00 pm for both.
Any additional services are not included.
Contact us for more details
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel.
Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in: