Join us on this wonderful journey exploring South America's most incredible destinations. Marvel at Machu Picchu and the mighty Iguazu Falls, experience the cosmopolitan cities of Buenos Aires and Santiago, the beaches and vibrancy of Rio de Janeiro and sample some of the region's most amazing food in Peru.
This small group tour of just 20 is perfect for those looking to travel with a group of like-minded individuals. We have left no stone unturned in giving you the best value group travel trip in the market. This tour is accompanied at all times by a Chimu Adventures escort.
|13-Jul-2018 , 07-Sep-2018 , 12-Oct-2018|
|South America: Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, Rio de Janeiro, Lima, Puno, Cusco, Machu Picchu, Amazon, Santiago.|
• Return international flights from Australia, New Zealand or London to South America
|Difficulty Rating||1 (easy)|
25% surcharge for single room.
35% deposit required. Contact us for more details.
Please note November 2017 & February 2018 departures itineraires varies, please contact us for details.
|Price Dependent upon||
Season and availability
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.
Find out more about sustainability in:
|STANDARD||TRIP CODE||PRICING FROM|
The below hotels are our preferred options for the respective tour standards mentioned above. Hotels can easily be changed at the customers request. We also note that in some cases our preferred hotels may be unavailable and in those circumstances we may need to provide an alternative hotel of a similar standard.
Hotel Ismael 312 - Santiago
Park View RoomFeaturing an outdoor swimming pool, a bar, and a terrace, Hotel Ismael 312 offers rooms with free WiFi and cable TV in Santiago. Decorated with stylish furnishing, rooms at Hotel Ismael 312 are fitted with air conditioning. All of them have private bathrooms and minibars. Guests at this design hotel are provided luggage storage, concierge services, car rental services and tourism information to explore the area. Laundry and dry cleaning services can also be arranged. Massage sessions can be booked for an extra fee.
Refugio Amazonas - Standard 3 Nights - Puerto Maldonado
Full Board RoomRefugio Amazonas is a charming 32 bedroom lodge, well placed immediately adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. It is located 4 hours upriver from Puerto Maldonado in the buffer zone of the Tambopata National Reserve. Refugio Amazonas is ideal for those looking for a three night outing to experience culture and nature in the Amazon. Please note that all rooms in Refugio Amazonas have an exposed wall facing the jungle, for that true jungle experience.
Casa Andina Standard Machu Picchu - Machu Picchu
Traditional RoomCasa Andina Standard Machu Picchu is a friendly and cosy hotel in a strategic location in Aguas Calientes, the nearest access point to the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu. This hotel has 54 new and comfortable rooms in a 5-storey building, where you can relax after your visit to Machu Picchu. The traditional rooms have mountain views and the hotel offers Wi-Fi and has a restaurant with a spectacular view of the Vilcanota River.
Esplendor Hotel - Cusco
Concept RoomLuminous and lively rooms, measuring 28m2, furnished colorfully emphasize the distinctive features of Cusco region and culture. All the rooms provide King-size bed, 40" LCD TV, mini-bar and individual coffee machine.
Casa Andina Classic Puno Tikarani - Puno
Standard RoomCasa Andina Standard Puno Tikarani is a medium-sized, quiet hotel with several spacious common areas, including a living room with fireplace and a patio. The hotel is in an excellent location close to Puno's restaurant and bar scene. The rooms are spacious and feature private shower, TV and safety deposit box. The hotel also offers Wi-Fi, internet service and laundry service.
Hotel Casa Republica - Lima
Republica Standard RoomCasa Republica is a brand new boutique hotel in the bohemian district of Barranco, Lima. A 100 year old Republican era mansion has been turned into a 22 room boutique hotel which oozes the character and charm of the era. It is located a stone's throw from many of Lima's best bars and restaurants, boasts a fantastic rooftop bar with ocean views and superb rooms with period features.
Windsor Leme Hotel Rio - Rio de Janeiro
Superior RoomThe grand Windsor Leme Hotel is a towering 17-story building in Rio de Janeiro located at the north end of the world-famous Copacabana Beach, adjacent to Sugar Loaf Mountain and Leme Palace, and just miles from the glorious Impanema Beach. The surrounding upper-middle-class neighborhood of Leme gets its name from a rock formation that exhibits characteristics of a shipâs rudder.
Saint George Hotel - Iguasu
Standard RoomLocated in the heart of Puerto Iguazu 17 km away from the most beautiful nature setting: the Iguazu Falls, 19 km away from the Iguazu Falls International Airport (Argentina), and minutes away from the Tancredo Neves International Bridge - Hotel Saint George offers a warm and unforgettable stay.
Lennox Hotel - Buenos Aires
Superior RoomThe Lennox Hotels is a sensory experience that everyone must indulge. Elegant, stylish and modern are some of the qualities that distinguish this unique urban oasis. Location is everything and the hotel is right at the heart of culture and nightlife. Guests can relax at the Terraza Madero, stroll the shops and cafÃ©s in the Calle Florida and tango the night away with a glass of fine wine.