Experience the Galapagos of your dreams in this in-depth Galapagos Adventure that puts you in close contact with the natural world, while enjoying a relaxing stay at the Finch Bay Hotel on Santa Cruz Island. Whether your interests lie in observing the natural wildlife of the Galapagos, enjoying world-class diving, mountain biking, exploring lava fields, relaxing on the beach, or a bit of everything, your stay at the Finch Bay Hotel offers you the freedom to select the activities of your choice: Hike to Tortuga Bay, Swim, Snorkel, Enjoy the sun at the beach or the pool side, Photograph and observe the wildlife, Stroll around the village of Puerto Ayora, Enjoy day cruises to nearby islands, Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station, World-class scuba diving , Adventure mountain biking, Stargazing and much more.
The Galapagos archipelago is an enchanted place, its very nature is powerful and inspiring; peaceful and magical, and above all, unique. The ideal spot for an unforgettable vacation in one of the finest hotels in the Galapagos Islands. The Finch Bay Hotel Resort offers nightly accommodation and 4, 5 and 8 day hotel & cruise packages
Finch Bay has created a program so you can enjoy as much of the local area as you want. You have the opportunity to board the hotel’s yacht for Bartolomé or North Seymour Island. The volcanic Bartolomé hosts the famous Pinnacle Rock, home to Galapagos penguins, the only species of penguin found north of the equator While on North Seymour you will find the largest frigate bird nesting site and a green sea turtle nesting area on the white sands of Bachas Beach, great for snorkelling. This island is teaming with life! You might have to give way to a passing sea lion or marine iguana; blue-footed booby nests sit beside the trail where mating pairs perform their courtship dance.
Finch Bay has created a program so you can enjoy as much of the local area as you want. On Santa Cruz Island, you can visit the Highlands for spectacular views and study the endemic flora as well as an abundance of fauna; see giant tortoises in their natural habitat and at the Manzanillo Tortoise Reserve; and visit Tortuga Bay which is perhaps Ecuador’s most beautiful beach or visit Cerro Mesa and Garrapatero Cove. After taking a vehivle for 5 kms you will get to Cerro Mesa, a private preserve is a great combination of native and endemic forest, a splendid birding area, a natural path of migrating giant tortoises and impressive volcanic formations. Later we will walk towards Garrapatero Cove and beach, regarded as having the finest sand in all Galápagos! We enjoy a soothing dip in the waters; take a small trip on a tandem, sit-on-top kayak; lie on the beach; or walk a short distance to a brackish lagoon, home of stilts, plovers, pintails and flamingoes.Our staff from the hotel meet guests here. A previously-ordered box lunch is served under the shade of the halophyte trees. After
After breakfast, depart the Finch Bay Hotel and visit Los Gemelos, the Twin Pit Craters, great geological depressions of volcanic material formed by a long process of slow sinking of the ground. Then, transfer overland to the airport for the flight back to mainland Ecuador.
- Transfer in/out
- All Meals
- Hotel Taxes Included
- 1 day yacht excursion aboard the hotel’s own Yacht Sea Lion to nearby islands (one of the two described in the itinerary)
- 1 full day for exploring Santa Cruz Island: one of the two described in itinerary
- 1 half day at Manzanillo tortoise reserve in the Highlands of Santa Cruz Island.
- 1 visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station.
- Optional activities, at no extra cost: kayaking, surfing, mountain biking.
- Transfers in/out between Baltra Airport and Finch Bay Hotel are included for programs only.
- Vessels available: M/Y Yacht Sea Finch or M/Y Sea Lion.
- The island visited during the day tour depends on the approved itinerary for each vessel by the Galapagos National Park Service
- Galápagos Itineraries are subject to change due to weather conditions, logistical reasons, guests´ safety or Galápagos National Park Regulations.
Schedules for yacht excursions are as follows, but guests should always check these with hotel staff:
06:30 Breakfast is ready
07:45 Departure from the Finch Bay Eco Hotel
16:30 Arrival back at Municipal dock
Schedules for days of land activities on Santa Cruz are more relaxed, but guests should always check these with hotel staff:
06:30 Breakfast is ready
09:00 Departure from the Finch Bay Eco Hotel
Return with plenty of time to enjoy the hotel facilities or your own activities
We believe that appropriate accommodation should add to the authentic travel experience, as well as providing utmost enjoyment. For that reason our accommodation is scrutinised by our staff on the ground frequently, ensuring the properties adhere to our high standards. This key will help you understand the levels of accommodation available on this tour.
Comfortable properties with dependable facilities and service.
Upmarket properties with above average facilities and service.
Luxurious properties with impeccable facilities and service.
SPEAK TO A SPECIALIST
Talk to one of our Destination Specialists to plan your South American adventure and turn your dream into a reality. With exceptional knowledge and first hand experience, our consultants will assist in every way possible to make your journey the most memorable it can be, matching not only the itinerary, but the accommodation and activities to suit your style of travel and budget.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.