Climb the banks of the meandering Madre de Dios River, and enter another world. Wake to a symphony of tropical birdsong; end your days by lantern light, falling asleep to the gentle night noise of the Amazon rainforest.
Exotic, yet accessible, Reserva Amazonica Lodge is situated in a private reserve, surrounded by a vast jungle canopy.
Please note that this is a suggested itinerary, you can choose your own rainforest adventure! Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica offers more than a dozen excursions. An interpreter meets with each guest upon arrival, shaping an ideal itinerary based on individual interests, desired activity levels, weather conditions, and length of stay.
Upon arrival to Puerto Maldonado you will be welcomed at the Butterfly House. Transfer to the pier for a 45 minute boat ride to arrive at Inkaterra Reserva Amazonica. Enjoy the Trail System adventure and the Twilight River excursion or, if you prefer, the nature presentation at the Eco Center with cocktails available to all. After dinner, you will overnight in your cabin.
Round trip transportation by land and river (Airport/Lodge/Airport)
Buffet breakfast / a la carte lunch & dinner
Bottled water in room
English and Spanish Inkaterra Explorer Guide service
Included excursions à la carte
Entrance fees to Lake Sandoval
ADDITIONAL SERVICES (at extra charge)
- Snack to go
- Binoculars for rent
- Private Explorer Guide
- Excursions with an Inkaterra Explorer Guide in languages other than Spanish and English.
- Tambopata Explorer Kit: Belt pouch, compass, cap, colored pencils, paper block and flash light.
- Treasure Hunt: Activity designed for children from 5 to 12. It consists of the accomplishment of fun and educative tasks such as riddles, handicrafts, drawings and research taking as a reference the fauna, flora, and the hotel experiences.
- ENA Spa treatment
CHILDREN & FAMILY SPECIALS
Inkaterra Reserva Amazónica is a family-oriented lodge that offers: additional beds or bed railings; highchairs; child-friendly Explorer Guides; a children's menu; and a child's explorer kit that comes with a belt pouch, compass, cap, colored pencils,
paper block and flash light. (Prior reservation and subject to availability).
The lodge recommends the following excursions and additional services with special activities for children between the ages of five and twelve: Trail System, Twilight River, Inkaterra Canopy Walkway & Anaconda Walk, Treasure Hunt, Lake Sandoval
(in dry season May- Oct.) and Inkaterra Hacienda Concepción.
We believe that appropriate accommodation should add to the authentic travel experience, as well as providing utmost enjoyment. For that reason our accommodation is scrutinised by our staff on the ground frequently, ensuring the properties adhere to our high standards. This key will help you understand the levels of accommodation available on this tour.
Comfortable properties with dependable facilities and service.
Upmarket properties with above average facilities and service.
Luxurious properties with impeccable facilities and service.
SPEAK TO A SPECIALIST
Talk to one of our Destination Specialists to plan your South American adventure and turn your dream into a reality. With exceptional knowledge and first hand experience, our consultants will assist in every way possible to make your journey the most memorable it can be, matching not only the itinerary, but the accommodation and activities to suit your style of travel and budget.
Chimu Adventures undertakes a number of sustainability measures within its operations including:
1) Only using local guides and office staff to both maximise local employment opportunities and minimise carbon footprints. Local guides also ensure you benefit from the intimate knowledge, passion and culture of the country you’re visiting.
2) Where possible, using locally owned and operated boutique hotels to maximise the return to the local community.
3) Chimu’s “Pass it on” programme has provided funding to hundreds of local community projects in Latin America. Our aim is to empower local communities, helping them to develop their own infrastructure for the future. Since 2006, we have been working with Kiva (a well-known Non-Governmental Organisation), providing hundreds of loans to local businesses all over South America.
4) In our pre tour information we provide a range of tips and advice on how to minimise your impact on both local environments and communities.
5) Chimu Adventures’ offices also take a number of sustainability measures including carbon offsets for company vehicles and most staff travel. Chimu Adventure’s internal processes are also structures to create a paperless office and to reduce waste. There are also internal programmes to help staff minimise their carbon footprint such as our staff bike purchase assistance plan which encourages office staff to commute to work via bicycle. Currently almost half of our office based staff commute to work via bicycle.